Sunday, March 31, 2024

Kayaking To The Tunes Of Fleetwood Mac And The Call Of Loons

7:30

9:28

Poised To Be Pulled Into The lake

It's a gray, misty morning, an empty lake, and a few buffleheads scattered around the shoreline. I paddled down to Wells Bay and back, noticing that a few docks were already in, ready for summer. It's 35º and temperatures will stay in the 30s most of the day. 

Kayak Morning

In To The Deep

Yesterday I got my fill of basketball. That being said, I did get a few other things done during the day. As I mentioned yesterday, I chased my kayak into the lake and filled my boots with water so I never made it out on the lake. As a result, the morning went slowly without a paddle. I had my breakfast and wrote the blog, and then we decided that a walk around Long Point would be a good way to start our weekend. We were in no hurry but by 11:00, we gathered the trash and dropped it off at the Transfer Station and then drove over to the end of Lakeside Drive to start our walk. There's always a beauty in the woods no matter what the season and yesterday was no exception, a woods filled with deadfall and beginning shoots of green. 

Spring On Long Point Trail

Like An Abstract Painting Of Deadfall

Deadfall On A Trail

We were home by 12:30 and before lunch, I had to check our crawl space to see why water was puddling on the floor. After crawling over to where the pipes go outside, I noticed the hose from our dishwasher was unattached, thus the water. So next week, I will be calling a plumber. Yuck. After my crawl, Evie made me a delicious bagel, with avocadoes and tomatoes. And my nonstop watching of March Madness began, both women's and men's teams. We obviously watched all of Iowa's games, mostly to watch the magic of Caitlin Clark. We also watched parts of USC's victory, and then UCONN men's victory over Illinois. Somewhere in there, Evie sauteed mushrooms and grilled a couple of steaks for our dinner. They were as good as any steak house around here. The rest of the night alternated channels, with either women's or men's games. By 10:00, we had enough and went to bed, blurry-eyed and exhausted by our viewing.

Happy Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...