Sunday, March 3, 2024

Foggy Morning

6:56

7:55

It's 7:56 and for the last hour, I have watched the fog get thicker and thicker so that I can no longer see Long Point, just a vast curtain of gray. It's warming up again, 40º at the moment, and will get up into the 50s later in the day. It's 8:35 as I finish the blog and the fog is beginning to dissipate so I am going out for a paddle. It's 9:40 and I got in a half-hour paddle and it  felt much the same as yesterday afternoon, paddling to Long Point and then home.

Female And Male Common Mergansers

Happy To Be Back On The Lake

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Long Point

Long Point Hikers

Yesterday was a wasted day for me, as I got very little done until late afternoon when the lake calmed down and I got in a long, hour-paddle. Our morning went as usual, with a long coffee, a couple of cups, then breakfast, and the blog. It was too windy to paddle so it wasn't until 10:30 that we began to gather the trash to take to the Transfer Station. I measure my week in trips to the Transfer Station. It was busy as usual but I was out in five minutes, on my way to Wegmans for a few things for our dinner. Saturday is not the best day to shop but it wasn't too bad and I was on my way home, within 20 minutes. 

Earlier, Evie had made her veggie soup so along with a bowl of soup and pizza, I had an easy lunch to enjoy while watching the Vietnam documentary. I had forgotten how violent the anti-war protests had become, with Nixon's Silent Majority often forcibly disagreeing with the protesters. And the Kent State shootings were the worst manifestations of this divide. It was a scary time for the US as things seemed to be falling apart and I worry that today things could get even worse, especially if Trump loses in November. The Maga crowd will not take a loss easily and unlike the 60s, many will be angry, aggrieved, and armed. 

The afternoon went as usual, with me reading and napping but upon waking, I noticed the lake was as calm as I had ever seen it and I had to get out there and kayak. So I paddled across the lake to Long Point for the first time in 2024, then back to Sandy Bottom and along Woodlawn. I was out for close to an hour, enjoying being the only one on the lake. 

Long Point

Paddling Along The Shore

North

Our happy hour lasted until 6:30. We had wine and I bought some sushi from Wegman's so Evie was happy. Dinner was baked salmon with a tasty and spicy crust and rice. No salad for once because both of us were full from the sushi. We decided to continue watching Marcella on Netflix and stuck with two episodes before having enough and switching to something less intense, like an HGTV show and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. 

Calm At Dusk




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...