Friday, March 8, 2024

Some Clouds, Some Sun

Kayak Morning


6:17

6:23

7:31

It's a decent morning here on the lake. The day began with a pink/red band across the Bemus sky but quickly changed to gray and now, at 7:00. the sun has burst through the clouds, filling the lake with its reflection. It's 37º and should get up into the 40s but it's getting cooler again, with snow predicted for Sunday. It's 9:00 and I was able to get in a half hour kayaking, down to Sandy Bottom and home.

Paddling Into The Sun

North

Thursday ended up being a good day. First, however, I skipped a paddle and went to breakfast at the Ashville Country store, a first. It was a good choice and like Bemus, a couple tables were filled with old guys like us. I then came home, finished the blog, and drove to Bemus for a Yin Yoga class, and once again, I was the only guy in a class of fourteen. When I returned home, Evie was off, taking our neighbor to a Westfield doctor's appointment. She arrived home around 1:00 just as I was having lunch, the last, I hope of the chicken and veggie curry. I watched my series on Vietnam and have a half hour left.

I then was happy to return to my book and briefly nap, waking with some mojo. Surprise. I took advantage of it and went out and attached my bike rack to the Outback, pumped up the tires on my bike, and drove to Mayville Park where I parked my car. I then road the first section of Webbs Trail, then Sea Lion Drive to the end and back. I was gone for 50 minutes, just right for someone who hadn't biked in three or four months. 

Looking South

Spring

Webb's Trail

On a beautiful blue sky afternoon, I was home in time for wine time with Evie. For dinner, Evie fried up some 'fat man' pork chops, as thick cuts of meat are called in Turkey. Along with baked potatoes, we had a feast. We watched the first episode of Season Two of Marcella, then Colbert, then Biden's speech to Congress. I have to say I was impressed with his vigor, and his willingness to come out swinging at Trump and the Republicans. This was no feeble Joe Biden. 

Afternoon Blue




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...