Thursday, March 21, 2024

It's Cold Outside

6:53

7:43

9:10

Woke to a threatening and partly cloudy sky, with wind and a chilly 19º. No kayaking this morning because of the wind and I am going to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00. A few ducks are out, seemingly riding the waves and the woodpecker is at our feeder, enjoying a suet breakfast. It's 9:20, still cold and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, a good way to start a Spring day. 

Yesterday was different, although it started out well with a great paddle on a smooth, calm lake and light snow. It was the only time of the day without heavy winds. After breakfast and blogging, I had some time to kill until my doctor's appointment in Jamestown at 10:30. I left at 10:00 because the weather was bad, with blinding snow on and off as I drove. Fortunately, the roads were fine as the salt trucks were out. I was lucky to be in and out quickly, then dropped off my taxes at my accountant downtown Jamestown and stopped at the Labyrinth Press Coffee shop for a coffee and burrito for lunch. My final stop was Farm Fresh Foods, where I picked up three of their freshly made donuts, one and a half for Evie and me.

When I got home, I had lunch, the burrito with seitan and goodies, and finished up my show, River, which I ended up really liking. Neither of us did much the rest of the afternoon except wait for 6:00 when we were going out to dinner at the Viking with neighbors. Oh, yeah, I read, watched some TV and napped and both of us showered around 5:00.

5:44 PM

The Viking was not as crowded as usual probably because of the weather. King Of Hearts drawing was close to 6,000 but nobody won alas much to our table's disappointment. We had wings, always tasty, and beers of course and Barb and Jim regaled us with the details of their trip to Savannah, Folly Beach, and Northern Virginia. It sounds like fun, especially St. Patty's Day in Savannah. We were home just before 9:00 and Evie was ready for bed but I stayed up and watched some news and basketball before happily getting back to my book, The Berry Pickers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...