Sunday, March 17, 2024

A Morning Of Clouds And Sun

7:57

8:31

It's 8:35 and we are both up, as the sun just popped out from the clouds for a moment. The lake is smooth and gray, the clouds above at times threatening until the sun and blue sky breakthrough. No kayaking this morning because I had a bad night and a stomach ache. I still don't feel good and food does not sound good to me. I hope it's nothing more than a 24-hour virus. Right now, I don't have much mojo and just want to lie down.

Crapies Are Biting

Saturday was typical and we did get some sun and blue skies. I was fortunate to start my morning paddle in gray, ending up with blue skies and sun. Evie didn't get up until after I returned from my paddle so the blog was later than usual. We were in no hurry to get the day started so we relaxed with our coffee and enjoyed the morning sun and the birds at the feeder. I was ready to take the trash to the Transfer Station at 11:15, dropped it off then drove over to Long Point State Park, almost missing the exit because they were working on the bridge and one exit had closed. It was a good day to walk the woods and I walked a different trail from the usual, taking a right instead of a left off the park road, and hiking close to RT 430 for maybe half a mile. I ended up walking over two miles and was out close to an hour, a hike longer than I wanted.

Long Point Trail

March Morning

Barren Trees And Blue Skies

When I returned home, I had lunch, a Buffalo Chicken burrito from Aldis which was pretty bad. I watched River on Prime and made myself a peanut butter apple to satisfy my hunger after the burrito. I was happy to get back to my Dismas Hardy novel and take a nap. What else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon in March. Late afternoon, Evie put together our dinner, eggplant pasta, and kept it warm for our dinner. We enjoyed a happy hour with chips and dip along with some cheese and crackers. Dinner was tasty, the eggplant cooked just right and we watched our shows, the usual along with some basketball until 9:45 when we went up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...