Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Parly Cloudy And Getting Warmer

7:47

I was up early, at 6:30 to a surprisingly dark morning but now, at 7:40 the sky is mottled, grays and creams. It's 44º and the lake is inviting, nice, and calm with little if any wind out there.  It's 9:15 and I was out paddling for close to an hour, down to Whitney Bay and back, chasing buffleheads as I went. It was the longest and best paddle in quite a while.

Kayak Morning

Whitney Bay

Paddling South

Buffleheads Scurry

Yesterday was a tough day for some reason as I woke tired and was tired most of the day. I did manage to get in a paddle, however, a short one before driving to Lakewood for a yoga class. As always, I felt better after class but still lacked mojo when I returned home. Evie was ready to head to Wegmans, to take advantage of 5% Tuesdays. Lunch was easy, the last of the pot roast and mashed potatoes and I am still struggling to find a series. I watched the first episode of Anika on PBS and it's decent but now something I will stick with. I was looking forward to a nap but struggled and napped for less than 30 minutes.

Evie was home around 2:30 and I helped with the groceries but quickly returned to my couch and book. And that was it for the afternoon although I made myself walk outside for 15 minutes, just to feel the sun and warm air. It was in the high 50s by the late afternoon. Evie had her Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and we had our glass of wine after the call. 

Dinner was simple, fried potatoes and eggs, something we both wanted, easy and good. We watched various shows, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, and some junk TV before finally going up to be around 9:45. I couldn't wait as it seemed like a long, tiring day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...