Monday, March 18, 2024

Let It Snow

Woodpecker Morning

7:36

8:02

It's always a delight to come downstairs and be greeted by a white yard even if it's just a dusting of snow. It won't last long because snow is not forecast for the next week so I will enjoy it while I can. The 24º temperature this morning was a surprise since a neighbor was out-cutting grass a week or so ago. And If you look at our back porch, I have a snow shovel and chaise lounge sitting there, depending on snowy or sunny weather. The fickleness of Chautauqua weather is its regularity. I am feeling better this morning but not energetic enough to get out there on the lake. As I look out our front window at 9:00, a few flurries continue to fall.

Red Bellied Woodpecker

Ready For Snow Or Sun

Yesterday was not much fun because I was still recovering from stomach problems and felt tired and grumpy. Fortunately, Evie took care of me during the day, making sure I had something to eat and drink. I was up early, alas, wrote the blog, and waited for Evie to get up. Once she was up, we published the blog and then listened to various news programs until late morning when we had enough news for the day.

By noon, I was a bit hungry so Evie made me scrambled eggs and toasted a brioche  roll for lunch. It tasted good and I was able to watch more of my series, River. By the time I was through, I was tired and couldn't wait to go upstairs and take a nap. I was obviously tired because I must have slept close to an hour and a half, waking up just before 3:00.  We both then spent the afternoon either reading or watching TV and being amused by the various birds attacking our bird feeder and suet, hanging in our front windows. We also had snow flurries, then sun, then snow flurries on and off during the afternoon. 

Afternoon Flurries

The red-bellied woodpecker is the most fun to watch as he hangs on the bars of the suet's metal cage, aggressively poking through the bars to get food. We had a happy hour, minus the wine, and did not worry about dinner because we had lots of leftovers and Evie had made me some soup, chicken broth with noodles for my dinner. Along with a couple of rolls, I was happy and Evie had the leftover eggplant pasta, saving the corn beef and cabbage for another night. We watched a couple of more episodes of Marcella, then Hometown before bed. It was not the best of St. Patrick's Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...