Friday, March 1, 2024

A Brilliant Sunny March Morning

7:10

7:54

Well, what a difference 24 hours makes. This morning the wind has died, and the sun is out, in a cloudless blue sky morning. It's cold, 22º but by dinner time, it may get up to 50º, typical lately here at the lake. For the first time in weeks, I was able to paddle down to Jim and Tina's house, next to Sandy Bottom and back. I was out for close to 40 minutes, loving being back on the lake.

Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Reeds

Victoria/Woodlawn

Mallard

Yesterday went slowly, maybe because it was cold and windy and I stayed inside much of the day. No kayaking of course but by 9:30, the blog was done and I was on my way to Yin Yoga with Danielle. The class was crowded and easy, the way I like it. I did not dawdle but came straight home, ready to take it easy the rest of the day.

I had some ramen for lunch since I went out for breakfast and was not very hungry and continued with my series on Vietnam. What a waste of young men's lives. The rest of the afternoon I read, slept, and wished I had some mojo, at least enough to go for a walk in the neighborhood because the sun came out and the lake and sky were a brilliant blue. 

Wednesday On A Stormy Afternoon

Happy hour could not come soon enough for both of us. We listened to 'Breaking Bad News' on CNN as we enjoyed some appetizers and wine until 6:15. Dinner was easy as we had the leftover Salisbury steak, mushroom gravy, and mashed potatoes for our dinner. We watched a couple some HGTV and a Colbert before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...