Saturday, March 16, 2024

A CHILLY, GRAY 31º MORNING

Mallards In Front Yard

7:36

9:12

It's 7:50 and I have been up for over an hour. The birds are at the feeder, the lake is smooth and calm and I am about ready to kayak. I was tempted to go to yoga but the lake is more inviting at the moment. It's 9:30 and I was out paddling for 50 minutes. I started on a calm lake, with gray skies, and ended up on a windy lake with blue skies and sunshine. What a contrast in an hour. While I rounded Long Point, a guy in an orange jacket was fishing and recognized me, and asked if I was Tom, small world. I think I may have met him once kayaking and we talked about my blog. 

Northern Sky

Kayak Morning

Long Point

Blue Skies

Victoria/Woodlawn

Bufflehead

Yesterday was a busy morning, a lazy afternoon. We were both up early, at 7:15, enjoying our coffee and finishing up the blog. We then showered and dressed and were on our way to Erie for Evie's second mammogram and ultrasound at St. Vincent's Hospital. Her appointment was at 10:30 so we made it in plenty of time despite the heavy fog. The results were fine although they want to see her back in six months. On our way home we stopped at another Middle Eastern store called Sham Market on 12th Street. It's Syrian and all Middle Eastern markets seem the same, fairly narrow aisles with canned foods from all over the Middle East, not particularly inviting, with few if any customers. We perused the shelves for some goodies and ended up buying an unleavened, paper-thin flatbread called Markouk. It's Lebanese and this particular bread was from Canada. We also bought a delicious dessert which we thought was baklava but it had a custard instead of nuts inside the sweet pastry. We loved it.

When we returned home, I had the last of the goose liver and watched another episode of River on Prime. For some reason, we were both tired from our forty-five-minute drive to Erie so we did little during the afternoon even though by 4:00, the gray skies disappeared to our shock and some blue skies and sun appeared. Most of the afternoon I struggled to find a book to read, starting a couple but ended up with the last of the Dismas Hardy novels. And, of course, I napped.

Bemus Farm, Late Afternoon

6:16 PM

By 5:30, we were enjoying our happy hour until 6:30 and dinner was warming up some frozen pizza and a salad, surprisingly tasty. We watched a couple of episodes of Marcella, wondering why there are five or six subplots. Isn't searching for a serial killer enough? After Evie went up to bed I watched a few minutes of basketball but soon was bored and went up to read and sleep. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...