Saturday, March 23, 2024

Three Swans A Swimmin

Swans

8:03

Woke up to a couple of inches of Spring snow, yep, winter is still hanging around. It's 25º, warming up, and the best part of this morning was spotting three swans in front of our house, dunking for weeds, not donuts! We also saw the trio late yesterday afternoon so they have been hanging around for at least 24 hours. 



Today, like yesterday, was too windy and cold for a paddle so I had an easy morning, coffee, breakfast, the blog, no hurry. The good old Outback is still starting in the cold so I took it to yoga class. Six of us were in class, four of the regulars. One, a young guy, a friend of our teacher, walked the Appalachian Trail in 2021 so it was fun talking with him. After class, I did a quick run through Wegmans thinking I had a prescription but didn't despite their message that I did. I bought the ingredients for a Lentil, Sausage and Spinach soup, compliments of my niece and nephew. When I got home, Evie wanted to get the soup made so the two of us did some chopping and sauteeing, before adding the lentils and let it simmer for forty-five minutes. I had a leftover roast beef on a Kimmelwick bun for lunch and watched Unforgotten on PBS. I spent the afternoon watching some of March Madness interspersed with reading and a nap, a good way to spend a Friday afternoon. 

Tulips and Snow -- Tulips from our friend Barb

After a glass of wine and photographing the swans, Evie put our dinner together, tortillas topped with ground beef, tomatoes, and cheese and baked in the oven. Once done, we topped them with lettuce, and catsup, and pickles and ate them like a taco. They were a bit messy to eat but tasty. We finally finished Marcella's third season, and both of us were happy to see it end. We then watched Somebody Feed Phil on Netflix as he traveled to Croatia and tasted their food in various cities. It's pretty good although we tire of his silly banter and humor. Evie went to bed around 9:00 and I watched some basketball then finished my book The Berry Pickers which I would highly recommend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...