Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Dreary, Drippy, Foggy, And Gray

6:36

7:37

It's not a very appealing morning here on the lake, with no hint of sun or blue skies, just gray. It's 49º, however, it's still Spring-like temperatures which should continue until the weekend. Rain predicted later today which we welcome.

Kayak Morning

Into The Reeds

Northern Fog

Tuesday was another wasted day in that neither of us did much except hang around the house wishing we had more mojo. The morning wasn't so bad because I did not get a brief paddle before driving off to yoga at 9:30 and as usual, I was the only guy in the class. After class, I did not linger thinking that we were driving to Buffalo for a doctor's appointment. When I got home, Evie told me the appointment was canceled, no need to rush home. Typical. 

Evie had a hair appointment in Lakewood at 1:00 so she left at 12:30 and I heated up the last of her veggie soup and made myself a couple of goose liver sandwiches on brioches rolls, nice and healthy. I finished the 9th episode of Vietnam and will start on the final episode this afternoon. It's been a lunchtime marathon but a revelation or a remembrance of the '60s and early '70s. 

I am really enjoying my book, The Women, about the nurses who volunteered to go to Vietnam. So I read before and after a nap, something I admit to looking forward to each afternoon. Evie was home by 3:00 after doing some shopping at Wegmans. Around 4:00, I had a Zoom call with my Schwab financial advisor (impressive!) and then talked with my son Tom who had just spent a week working in the Phillipines. At 5:00, Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters so both of us spent a good part of the afternoon on the phone. 

Late Afternoon Threatening Sky

5:20 PM

Dinner was easy, the leftover chicken and veggies curry on rice with a salad and we decided to watch an old film called Sideways. We loved it when we first saw it in 2004 but were not as taken with it this time around. Paul Giamatti's character is much like his role in The Holdovers -- beaten down and sympathetic. We ended the night with Colbert and a Cavs victory over the Celtics. 


2 comments:

  1. PJH: enjoyed The Women as well. Just Finished”The Berry Pickers “ by Amanda Peters that I thought was v good if you haven’t read yet. Hope you guys are doing well and looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation Pat, you guys sure enjoy hitting the road. I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...