Tuesday, March 19, 2024

It's Snowing

7:12

8:02

It looks like a foggy morning on the lake but it is really falling snow, so typical for the first day of Spring here in Chautauqua County. We must have gotten an inch or two yesterday and overnight because I will have to clean snow off the car again this morning. It's a chilly 26º and may get up into the 30s later in the day.

Buffleheads

Monday was a day with no responsibilities, no yoga, a day in full. The problem with that is I like to do things so after breakfast and coffee and the blog, I texted my friend Paul and met him at Ryders Cup in Lakewood around 9:45. One of his friends, Neal, from Sugar Grove, PA, was there so the three of us sat around enjoying our coffee and talking for a good hour and a half. As Michael Smerconish would say, it was a good way to waste the morning, mingling. After coffee, I drove to Walmart because a rotisserie chicken sounded good to me for dinner and Walmart's chicken is better and bigger and cheaper than Wegmans or The Lighthouse. 

I was home by 12:15 and Evie had the kitchen torn apart, hoping to better organize our pantry and throw out things we never seem to use. I was not very hungry so I made myself some packaged ramen and topped it with an egg and that was just right. I watched another episode of my series on Prime, River, and have one more season to go. Both series I'm watching deal with detectives who have serious mental problems, as both see things that are not there, usually people or actions from their past. After lunch, I took a quick nap and finally finished my 19th Dismas Hardy novel, the last in the series unless John Lescroart writes one more. I started a new novel, a recommendation of my nephew, Pat, called The Berry Pickers by Amanda Peters. 

We enjoyed our wine time from 5:30 to 6:30, watching the birds attack the feeder with gusto, especially the woodpeckers as it snowed, a lovely beginning to the evening. Earlier Evie had made a mushroom gravy, so we had the chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy along with a salad, a perfect Monday night dinner. We watched the finish of Season Two of Marcella and started Season Three, the last season before going up to bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...