Thursday, March 28, 2024

A Chilly But Bright, Sunny Lake Morning

 

7:48

7:15

7:15

7:21

It's 7:30, the sun's in full bloom, filling the living room with its light and I am wearing my baseball cap. I was surprised at the temperature, 28º, because it was much warmer yesterday morning. It looks like we will have some sunshine the next couple of days.  Maybe I will get outside and get in a hike somewhere, maybe not! It's 9:21 and I just returned from breakfast at Lake Life In Bemus, a good way to start my day before leaving for yoga. 

I am getting tired of writing the same things each day and was thinking about asking ChatGPT to do it for me. Life, however, mostly stays the same during the late winter and Spring at least here at the lake. However, A calm lake morning was a gift yesterday so that I was out for forty-five minutes and paddled over to Long Point on calm days like yesterday. I was off by 9:40 to yoga and surprisingly, we had three or four new students. Our new teacher, Grace, is fine and I like her class, not too easy or hard. I was tempted to do some shopping but came straight home since the weather had turned windy and gray.

Evie was busy much of the day with her Shutterfly book of the summer of 2023 yet took time out to make me avocado and tomato sandwiches on brioche rolls to go along with the last of the lentil and sausage soup. I started a new series that I doubt I will continue called Rizolli & Asles on Max. I had enough after the first episode and couldn't wait to get back to my book, Box 88 and nap. And that was it for the rest of the afternoon, mostly reading while Evie worked on the Shutterfly album.

By 6:00, we were ready to pick up our neighbors and drive over the lake bridge to the Viking Club, quite busy because of the drawing, now worth somewhere around $5000.00. We are getting tired of ordering wings so I had a Buffalo chicken pizza and Evie ordered a chicken salad, both decent. We had a good time just catching up on the neighborhood and politics and stayed until after 8:00. When we returned home, we  Evie was tired and went up to bed and I watched the NBA before joining her. 

'Looking Back' To Camping In Austria, Probably 1976


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...