Monday, March 11, 2024

Winter Returns With A Vengance

7:25

7:33

7:33

8:05

8:42

The skeptic in me thought we would hardly get any snow yesterday. The truth, however, was close to 12 hours of howling wind and blowing snow, with an accumulation of six or seven inches. I woke around 6:45 and came downstairs to a morning of amazing clouds and light and couldn't help getting up and walking on the front porch and taking photo after photo on a 27º morning. Just a reminder, I was riding my bike a couple of days ago, taking photos of crocuses. 

Morning Waves

White Caps

Yesterday was a good day to stay inside and hunker down and that's what we did. We were in no hurry to get anything done, just enjoyed our coffee and the morning, finished the blog, and had some breakfast. I knew wind and snow were coming and I wanted to get in some exercise, so I put the hood up on my jacket and walked the neighborhood in falling snow and wind for a half hour. It felt good to be out there despite the weather. When I returned, we got busy switching mattresses because my back had been bothering me when I woke. Let's hope it makes a difference. 

Sunday Morning

Kinney's Run

Breakfast was French toast, a nice change from eggs and bacon, Evie's idea. I then saved, then later watched Caitlin Clark's Iowa team play but forgot to extend the time so I missed the overtime excitement and Iowa win. I was able to see much of it, however, on replays. I obviously took a nap and have stuck with my new book, The Lost Americans by Christopher Bollen.  We spent much of the afternoon listening to the wind blowing the snow, watching the waves roll in on the lake and the birds struggle to eat at our feeder. Around 5:30, Evie put the pot roast in the oven to reheat and we enjoyed a glass or two of wine, as the long day waned. By 6:30, we were devouring our pot roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, and salad, waiting for the Oscars to begin. We then watched them until 9:30 and saved the rest to watch sometime today. The highlight for me was Billie Eilish singing her Oscar-winning song. She is an amazing singer and songwriter and only twenty-two. 

9:35 PM


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...