Thursday, March 14, 2024

Quiet Morning On The Lake

7:05

7:12

7:46

9:13

It's 7:20 and all is calm and quiet, with some pink off to the east, and some clear skies above. A muskrat just swam by, leaving a wake on a lake smooth like a mirror. It would be a fine morning for a paddle but I am having breakfast at the Ashville Country Store at 8:00 so I don't have enough time. It's 9:20 and I have just returned from breakfast, and have 20 minutes before I drive to my Yin Yoga class, a busy Thursday morning. 

Muskrat Ramble

What did I do yesterday? Pretty much the same as Tuesday with one exception. I did get in a good, long paddle, close to an hour, down to Whitney Bay and back. After a light breakfast and finishing the blog, I drove to yoga with Grace, our new teacher. There were just four of us, the regulars, and the class went quickly. After class, I did a quick run through Aldis for some staples and ended up with both lamb chops and lamb shanks, both hard to find. When I returned, Evie was off to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment and to send a shipment on the way to our grandson and his wife for their shower. I made myself a couple of ham and cheese sandwiches to go along with some lentil soup and watched another old series called River on Amazon Prime and for the first time, found out what it's like to have commercials on Prime. 

Thunder Bridge

Chautauqua Institution

I then decided to read some and take a nap, waking just as Evie returned from Jamestown. It was a beautiful afternoon, with lots of sun and blue skies, and unexpectedly warm when I stepped outside. So I decided to force myself to get in some exercise and grabbed my bike, put it on the car rack, and drove to the Chautauqua Institution for a forty-five-minute ride, a good choice although I huffed and puffed on even the slightest hills. Around 4:00, I talked with Joe and Mary Lou, friends from college, both of whom now live in Oxford, Ohio. It was great to talk with them. I was home in time for a glass of wine as we listened to the 'breaking news' for the third or fourth time that day. Around 6:00, Evie fried up the lamb chops, made a salad, and with mac n cheese, we had a great dinner. We watched a Colbert, then another episode of The Gentleman, and some HGTV TV until we were tired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...