Saturday, March 2, 2024

A Dreary Morning In March

7:31

It's gray, windy, 39º, with a drizzle making it uninspiring to kayak. So here I sit, up since 6:30, reading, writing, and listening to podcasts, waiting for Evie to get up. It's 8:40, and a few ducks are out braving the weather.

Yesterday, a Friday I think, was another day of routine, with little if any change other than maybe a different channel on TV. I know I was up early because I was tired much of the day. I did make it to yoga at 10:00 with a new teacher because Tara was about to begin her hike on the Appalachian Trail. I liked the class, a bit different because each teacher has their own way of teaching.  After class, I had my car washed, filthy from the previous snowy days. When I got home, I reluctantly decided to try my new car jump starter. I have not had much luck with them in the past. So I put it together, went out to the garage, attached the cables, pressed the on button, and miracle, the car started. I let it run for a half hour, hoping to charge the battery and drove it some. The real test will be this morning when I try to start the Outback to take trash to the Transfer Station.  When I came in, Evie had a quesadilla ready for her jump car starting hero. I ate it in the TV room, watching the Vietnam series. It's enough to make anyone a cynic as every lies, no one seems willing to be truthful except for the grunts and no one listens to them.

The rest of the afternoon was easy, relaxing on the couch with a book, occasionally taking a cat nap, I did finish my book, The Drifter by Nick Petrie and started The Last Refuge, a Peter Brandt thriller from Martin Roy Hill. It seems appropriate to my mood because it's about a government and military coverup of a friendly fire incident. Around 4:00, we decided to make dinner easy so I drove over to Bemus and ordered a pizza. While it baked, I walked around an empty Bemus Point as most restaurants and stores are closed for the winter.

Photo Taken From Bemus Point At 4:18 PM

We had our happy hour from 5:30 to 6:30, with wine and popcorn, and then enjoyed a pizza for our dinner. We are struggling to find something new and interesting on TV so we relied on the tried and true, Colbert, the news, and HGTV shows. I think we are going to have to break down and pay for some films on the various streaming sites. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...