Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Spring's Arrived

7:46

9:35

9:39

Today is the first full day of Spring although it started yesterday evening at 11:00. I woke to bright sunshine but by the time I took a photo, it hid behind a vast gray cloud bank and I haven't seen it since. Like yesterday, hundreds of birds are floating in front of our house, mostly mergansers, mallards, and some seagulls. It's 30º and should start snowing soon so I better get in a paddle. It's 9:40 and I paddled in flurries for just over an hour, hassling ducks as I paddled down to Sandy Bottom and back on a 30º morning. It felt good to be out on the lake. 

Kayaking In Flurries

Northern Gray

Victoria

Kayak Morning

Bufflehead

Yesterday was like most days this winter and I did not get in a paddle. It snowed on and off but little accumulation and the roads were fine. After breakfast and the blog, I drove to a good yoga class with Courtney and did not linger. I was home by noon and Evie made me a great lunch, scrambled eggs and baba toast and I watched River and will finish it today at lunch I assume.

By 1:00, I was on my way to the Subaru dealer for an appointment at 1:30. I received a letter from Subaru about Outbacks that were having trouble with the battery going dead and the solution. I have had trouble with the battery over the past three months, having to get new batteries twice. When I dropped the car off the dealer knew nothing about the problem. Fortunately, I brought the letter from Subaru, explaining it to them. I waited forty-five minutes and then was told how they fixed the problem. Let's hope it works. Afterward, I stopped for a quick run through Tops which is just around the corner from the dealer, and picked up some goodies, two in fact, a glazed donut for Evie, and Boston cream filled for me. 

When I got home, I relaxed on the couch, tired from my day or no nap. Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters at 5:00 and afterward, we had a glass of wine and watched as hundreds of ducks floated 100 yards off our shoreline as the day waned.

Rafts Of Ducks At 5:47 PM

We had the leftover chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes for dinner, just as good as Monday night. And we watched, what else, two more episodes of Marcella, and both of us are looking forward to finishing the series. We ended the night with 'breaking news', and some junk TV before bed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...