Thursday, March 7, 2024

Not Too Bad Of A Morning

7:12

It's 7:15 and I have been up for an hour. It's a chilly 35º but will get up into the 40s later in the day. We did get an inch of much-needed rain yesterday but none is forecast for today. It's a partly cloudy morning, getting brighter at the moment and windy so I am skipping a paddle because I am going to breakfast. It's 7: 20 and I just returned from breakfast at a new venue, the Ashville Country Store in North Harmony. It's a great old place, open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner as well as being a general store. We loved it. 

Yesterday was like most days this winter, getting up early, deciding whether to kayak or not, writing the blog, and having breakfast. So that was my Wednesday early, along with a good 45-minute paddle. I had yoga at 10:00 we a new teacher, Grace, and I enjoyed the class, something similar but also a bit different. 

I have been wanting a snack after lunch or dinner and thought of cookies. So I drove to Walmart, the closest big store, and walked the cookie aisle but none of them looked good to me so I left empty-handed, unusual for anyone who walks in Walmart. When I returned home, Evie was busy putting together some walnut cookies. She must have read my mind. I thought I was going to have the leftover curry for lunch, the third time in three days but Evie suggested BLT. How could I turn down an offer like that? So I watched half of the final episode of Vietnam, devouring two BLT sandwiches. Is there anything better than a BLT? I was looking forward to getting back to my book The Women but it's becoming too much reading about the nurses in Vietnam and also watching the series. I was in tears reading about the neverending casualties, the limbs amputated, and the lives lost each day in a field hospital. For what? I had enough and took a nap but did not wake rested, alas. I should have gone out for a walk in our woods but was too lazy and waited until 6:00 when we met our neighbors, Barb, Jim, and Newt, who drove us over to the Viking Club for Wings And Things. They are working on the bridge to Bemus and Exit 10 to 426 and the Viking was closed so we had to drive to the next exit. Strunk Road,  heading east, then backtrack north to the club. We had to be on our way home before 9:00 because the bridge closes for work from 9:00PM to 6:00 AM. 

The Viking was fairly crowded because the drawing for King Of Hearts was up to 4700 bucks but no one won so it will be up to 5000 grand by next week. Most of us ordered wings to go with our beers although there we many other choices from onion soup to burgers, to a cauliflower pizza. We stayed until 8:30 making sure we crossed the bridge before closing. We were both tired when we got home and Evie went up to bed but I stayed up watching some basketball until I got bored and was ready to get back to my book. All's well that ends well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...