Friday, March 15, 2024

Overcast And Some Rain Overnight

7:32

It's 7:24, still dark gray although I can see the shorelines and the birds have yet to attack the feeder. It's 39º and should get up to the 50s as well as clear up later in the day. We are both up, enjoying our coffee, and will be off to Erie for the morning, for a doctor's appointment then hoping to hit some Middle Eastern stores and restaurants.

Common Mergansers

A Female Common Mergansers

Thursday began as usual with no kayaking but breakfast at the Ashville Country Store, a good start to the day. Breaking the tradition of an egg and bacon sandwich, I ordered a Mediterranean omelet with feta and spinach. Yum. After breakfast, I came home briefly, finished the blog, and then drove off to a Yin Yoga class with Danielle. Always crowded, Eric and I were the only two guys. I did not linger but came straight home, tired of shopping I guess. 

For lunch, I heated up the last of the lentil soup and made a couple of ham and cheese sandwiches and watched another episode of River on Prime, putting up with minute-and-a-half commercials. I then adjourned to the couch and am close to finishing my novel set in Cairo, The Lost Americans. I napped of course, then relaxed on the couch with my book until 4:00 when I noticed the lake was amazingly calm, the sky dark gray. 

Long Point

Kayak Afternoon

So I put on my life jacket, grabbed my kayak, and paddled for a good forty-five minutes, over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom, and home. Despite the lack of sun, it was spectacular and I was able to photograph a couple of pairs of common mergansers, striking for their white bodies. 

Long Point

Mallard

We had our wine time, then Evie fried up some shrimp with garlic, then added a bottle Asian sweet/sour sauce and served it over rice, easy and tasty. We then watched Cobert and an episode of both Marcella and The Gentlemen. Evie went up to bed early and I then watched both some NBA and college games before joining her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...