Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A Calm, Partly Cloudy Morning

7:14

It's 7:30 and I have been up for an hour, surprised by the lack of wind and warm temperature of 47º. The lake looks inviting, smooth, and gray so I hope to get in a paddle. It's 9:10 and I was out kayaking for forty-five minutes, across to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom and home, my usual paddle. I was serenaded by two loons, one to my right and left and whenever I paddled near them, they dove and disappeared so I never got a good photo. 

Kayak Morning

North

Long Point

Partial Sun

Shades Of Gray

Yesterday was windy most of the day so I didn't get outside to do anything except for yoga. I wrote the blog, had breakfast, and was on my way to yoga with Courtney by 9:10. I was the only guy and left feeling much better than I did on arrival. I did not linger but came straight home, thinking Evie might need the car. She decided to put off her shopping for another day so neither of us had any plans for the afternoon. Evie had made my lunch before I returned, a chicken parm sandwich which was heating up in the oven. Just what I wanted as I watched my show, Unforgotten for an hour. 

Our afternoons seem the same lately because of the inclement weather. I read, Evie watched some TV and I napped until 5:00 when Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters. By 6:00, both of us had showered and were on our way to dinner at Bellininis bar, in the Chautauqua Suites Hotel. We met Ron and Linda for the first time in a couple of weeks because both of them had Covid. It was half-priced beer and burger night so the bar was crowded with mostly locals. The four of us ordered the burgers, fries, and beer of course and my bill was twenty-five bucks, the best deal in Chautauqua County. It was good to see Linda and Ron again, both feeling good after their bouts with Covid. We stayed talking until 8:00 when we headed home. 

We then watched some TV until 9:30 when we both were tired and went up to bed to read and hopefully sleep, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...