Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Winter Ends, Again

7:09

7:42

It's 7:40, the sun is about to rise and the birds have just arrived at the feeder. It's a 38º morning with snow still on the lawn and will get up to 58º later in the day after temperatures were in the 20s a couple of days ago. It was 9:00 and I was out for just a half hour on a beautiful morning, blue skies, bright sun, and a calm lake and I also was able to get close enough to some buffleheads to take their photo.

Kayak Morning

Northern Blue

Woodlawn

A Raft Of Buffleheads

Buffleheads

Still Feeding

Monday was surprisingly pleasant after the blizzard and winds during this past weekend. When I woke, the snow was already beginning to melt although the temperatures were still in the 30s. It was too windy to kayak so I enjoyed a long morning coffee with Evie. Around 10:30, we got busy and Evie finished making a pot of chicken soup for Linda, who just came down with Covid over the weekend. I dropped the soup off at their house then took advantage of the sun and walked Webb's trail. I could have skied but didn't think of it so I drudged through five inches of snow just over a half hour because it was tough going. At least the sky was blue, the sun shining through the trees off and on as I walked. 

Webb's Trail

Blue Skies

Skiers And Runners

I was home by noon and Evie made me a couple of goose liver sandwiches with a bowl of her veggie soup. I am struggling to find some series to watch and started Walker, Texas Ranger but I don't like it much. I will find something. The afternoon was the usual lately, with both of us either in the living room reading, napping or in the TV room watching some TV. Evie did take timeout from our large leisure to make a batch of her walnut and egg white cookies, healthy and tasty. By 5:30, we were commenting on how we dislike happy hour now that we have daylight savings time. It's too light now during it and will only increase.

Dinner was great, the leftover pot roast and mashed potatoes and we decided to watch one of the films nominated for an Academy Award, a French film called Anatomy Of A Fall. It was typical French, cerebral, talky, and slow, about a woman accused of pushing her husband out a window to his death. It was a bit long although the performances were excellent. I am not sure I would recommend it. We ended the night with Hometown, more to our liking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...