Sunday, March 24, 2024

Paddling On A Sunny 19º Morning

Bald Eagle

7:35

9:24

Sunday Morning

The sun is out, filling the lake with its reflection, and a cold morning. I was up just after the sun rose,  surprising me when I came downstairs. When I looked at the temperature, I didn't think I would go kayaking but the lake looked too inviting so out I went and was rewarded with my first Spring sighting of a bald eagle.

Kayak Morning

Looking  North

Mostly Blue

Hanging Out 

Yesterday could only be described as Mad, as in March Madness. It did not begin until noon so we had a relaxing morning, watching the three swans feeding in front of our house and enjoying a couple of cups of coffee before finishing the blog, By 10:30, we had gathered the trash and I went off to the Transfer Station on a cold morning. My Kia was frozen from sitting out, so I took the Outback which was in the garage. There are advantages to having two cars.

Cruising

Napping

Cuddling

Lunch was a Turkish omelet and a couple of brioche rolls and I watched some of the first March Madness game. I soon got bored and went back to my book, a spy thriller by Charles Cumming titled Box 88. I soon tired of it and took a nap, what else. The only game we wanted to see was Iowa Women with Catlin Clark. We had it taped so Evie made some popcorn, I poured the lemonade, and we watched the entire game with millions of fans. I am sure it was the most-watched game on Saturday despite it being a women's game. 

After the game, we enjoyed our wine and relaxed in the living room,  surfeited with basketball after watching Iowa and parts of other games. Dinner was the lentil, sausage, and spinach soup along with sourdough bread. We loved the soup and it was substantial, with the lentils and sausage. We decided on a 2012 series from Great Britain called Secret State and we liked it and watched a couple of episodes. It deals with politics and corruption and division in government. Sound familiar? I can see why people despise the government with the many self-serving politicians. Evie went to bed around 9:00 so I watched the end of the Tennessee/Texas game before joining her.


2 comments:

  1. Wait. Youdidn’t watch the Huskys?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, Just the Hawkeyes, a fair weather Husky fan

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...