Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Gray And Windy

 

7:22

8:14

It's 8:20 and windy out there, gusts up to 40 mph. No kayaking, obviously, just sitting in my living room, watching the bird feeder, enjoying my coffee and reading the papers on my computer. It's 40º and we may have some rain.

Yesterday was a bore as I did nothing, no kayaking, yoga or walking. I was up later than usual, had breakfast, and wrote the blog as usual and it seemed strange to have no yoga. Mondays are no yoga days at Eight Limbs Yoga Studio. At 11:00, however, I had my Annual Wellness Visit with my PA, mostly a quick check-up although it turned into a decent physical and a blood test. I then stopped at Tops to pick up a few things for dinner and was home for lunch by 12:00. I had the lentil and sausage soup for lunch along with a couple of cheese sandwiches and watched my series, Unforgotten. 

Fortunately, I am into my book by Charles Cummin, Box 88, so that's how I spent a good part of the afternoon reading and occasionally napping. Evie made banana bread with avocadoes and cottage cheese for a nice midafternoon snack. We enjoyed wine time before Evie put together our dinner of chicken parmesan with the leftover chicken cutlets from Sunday night. We devoured it while watching some basketball and then a feel-good movie on Netflix called Bank Of Dave. It was predictable yet fun to watch if you avoided being critical. 

We also spent most of the evening watching UCONN and Iowa women play basketball, I was impressed by UCONN's Paige Buecker (AP Player of The Year, 2021), especially her inside play and classic jump shot. Cailin Clark had a rough go of it against a scrappy, aggressive West Virginia team yet scored 32 points in a close win. It was a good way to end the night with an Iowa victory, sending them into the Sweet 16 along with UCONN.

Full Moon At 8:45



2 comments:

  1. PJH: I’m glad you enjoyed the Berry Pickers. I have been reading such good novels lately. Try “Heaven and Earth Grocery Store” by James McBride and “This Other Eden” by Paul Harding if you haven’t already. Both very good.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...