Monday, April 1, 2024

Dyngus Day

6:50

8:31

Dyngus Day is the Polish celebration of the end of Lent, something I just learned about a couple of days ago. So Dyngus Day is gray and quiet, both lake and sky, with a temperature of 38º, not much different from yesterday. It's 8:55 and I was able to paddle for 35 minutes, over to Long Point, back to Sandy Bottom, and home. I chase off three or four pairs of loons, and pass some mergansers and many rafts of buffelheads. 

A Gray Kayak Morning

Northern Sky

Long Point

Morning Light

Sunday was another day of basketball, Easter Sunday by the way. I was able to get in a paddle on a misty morning. I enjoy being the solitary boat on the lake but not for long. I was home by 9:00, wrote the blog and had breakfast before we started getting a few things done. I vacuumed the upstairs while Evie did the downstairs. Once that was done, Evie cut my hair and trimmed my beard, getting me ready for our Easter Brunch. 

A Pair Of Loons

Crusing

Male Merganser

I showered and got spiffed up as did Evie and we picked up our friends, Linda and Ron at 1:15 and drove to Westfield, to the Park View Cafe for brunch. We met friends of Linda and Ron, Tom and Linda, ironically, both graduates of Euclid High in 1960. They brought their yearbook so we could see it, with photos of me playing basketball and Evie as Spring Sophomore Queen. The cafe was busy because they had such a great menu. I ordered my usual, chicken pot pie and Evie ordered a mammoth chicken salad.  I loved my pot pie but Evie's salad was just decent although she brought it home and had it for dinner. 

Easter Brunch

We were home by 3:00 and started the basketball viewing marathon once again, watching Purdue defeat Tennessee in a close one. We took time out to enjoy a glass of wine and relax before dinner, mushroom barley soup for me, and salad for Evie. We were excited about dessert because Linda gifted us a blueberry pie from Portage Pie in Westfield. Yum. We watched a Hometown, then the last half of the North Carolina State/Duke game, won by North Carolina State. And that was enough TV for the day.

Enough Salad? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...