Wednesday, September 30, 2020

An Autumn Sky

7:23

7:31

7:45

It's later than usual as I start my blog, 9:00, and I was out paddling for a good hour, to Long Point, Sandy Bottom, and home, shooting a few herons and a solitary cormorant, making me wonder when the migrating birds will be back.

Kayak Morning

Cormorant

In The Reeds

Along The Shoreline

Yesterday was a decent day and although rain was predicted, it never did rain.  For some reason, despite getting little sleep, I woke wanting to get a few things done.  So after a paddle, blog, and breakfast, I got busy.  I took the weeds up the hill, finally getting rid of them. Then, I stopped at Hogan's and filled up a gas can.  When I got home, I  siphoned the five gallons into my boat, making sure there was enough for Chris to take it back to the Marina on Sea Lion Drive. Finally, I power washed my purple martin house which had been sitting under our willow, waiting to be cleaned and put away.  Once it dried out, I put away in the garage attic and I felt better about getting a start on fall chores.  

Woodlawn

An Autumn Morning Colors

It was time for lunch when I finished, so I finished off my hoagie and Evie, having spent a good part of the morning cleaning the porches and making a shopping list, went off to Wegman's to stock up for the week and return clothes to TJMaxx.  I spent the afternoon as usual, reading, napping and for once, watching TV, catching up on a couple of episodes of Babylon Berlin. Evie returned around 3:30, the car groaning with groceries.  I helped empty the car and Evie put things away, trying to find room for them in our pantry which is overflowing.  

Dahlia

A Painting Of A Dahlia By Evie's Sister Jean

At 5:00, Evie zoomed with her sisters for an hour and I read and enjoyed a glass of wine, waiting for dinner.   By 6:15, Evie was off the phone and we were both hungry so she sauteed the Wienerschnitzel which she had pounded thing and breaded early in the day.  We also had parslied potatoes, Brussel sprouts with maple syrup and mustard (yum), and Evie's homemade applesauce, a dinner fit for a pre Debate evening.  We watched two episodes of  Borgen, both really good before the debate.  I won't say much about the debate other than I was embarrassed as a citizen of the United States to watch our President rant, bully, lie, whine, and undermine our democratic tradition of voting.   If you think he deserves to be President, then you were watching another debate than me.


1 comment:

  1. re:debate # 1. It had been better to go to bed early than listen to that. I'll bet Western Reserve and Cleveland Clinic wish they had demurred on consenting to host it. VOTE, everybody!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...