Thursday, October 1, 2020

Grey With A Streak Of Light

6:49

7:29

Woodlawn At 7:57

It's 7:15 and Evie is up, ruining both of our mornings quiet.  Usually, I am out kayaking when she gets up so she has a good half hour of quiet time. I guess we will just have to deal with it.  At the moment, it is still too dark to kayak as the clouds from the north have moved in and squeezed out the light.  It's  8:30 as I finish this blog, having kayaked for forty-five minutes, as the sky slowly darkened, the gray clouds took over the sky. 

Kayak Morning

A Gaggle Of Coots

Kayaking North

A Young Eagle

Yesterday was a different kind of day for both of us.  Neither of us had much energy although we did manage to get things done.  I made myself go for a bike ride after kayaking.  I drove over to Peterson's Farm Market, parked my car, and rode to the beginning of Riverwalk, which takes me along the Chadokoin River to Mc Crea Point, then into the city center and the beginning of the walk.  The weather was perfect for biking, into the low 60's with blue skies.  I picked up some sweet corn from the market on my way back and didn't get home until afternoon.

Chadakoin River In Jamestown

Chadakoin River

Riverwalk Biking/Hiking Path

Evie had been somewhat busy, the usual laundry, things like that.  I heated up the spaghetti and eggplant casserole from Monday night for lunch and watched my show, Babylon Berlin, on and off during the afternoon because I was not into my book.  I was waiting, in fact, for 4:20 when I drove off to one of my friend's barn for an afternoon beer at the barn.  Jack had picked up five crowlers at the Big Inlet Brewery and we sat in Dick's barn and enjoyed the beers, conversation, and we even listened to a John Prine song 'In Spite Of Ourselves,' on my phone, laughing like crazy at his great lyrics.  It was a fun way to spend the afternoon and we decided to do it weekly.  Next week in Joe's barn, the week after in Jack's cabin in the woods.  

Beers In The Barn With The Boys

I didn't get home until 6:30 and Evie had dinner ready, the leftover Wienerschnitzel with applesauce along with Potatoes Anna.  The schnitzel was good but the potatoes were really good.  Evie's Mom used to make them on occasion and she called them "potato chip" potatoes.  We watched Colbert and Shep's New show on CNBC.  We ended the night as we have been doing for the past week, with two episodes of Borgen.  Things are not going too well politically or personally for Birgitte.  It's interesting to see how a Parliamentary Government works, so different from our own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...