Monday, September 28, 2020

Storms Arising

6:40

7:21

This morning may be the last sunrise I enjoy for the next week as the forecast has it raining for the next seven days after a couple of weeks of sunrises, blue skies, and warm temperatures.  I guess fall may be arriving along with the rain.  I paddled for forty-five minutes, my usual route, and did not see anything until I came back along Victoria and saw a couple of herons and an osprey

Kayak Morning

Hanging With Canadians

Osprey Hunting

Same Heron, Same Perch

Yesterday was a wasted Sunday as neither of us slept well and woke not really having much energy.  I did get in a paddle and around 10:00, as Evie was grilling eggplant for tonight's dinner, I took my E bike out for my first ride.  Unfortunately, I did not enjoy it much.  I struggled up hills despite the electric motor and by the time I rode ten miles, I decided this was not the bike for me so I will be returning it this morning.  I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach or something like that.  I had visions of me riding the hills but it was not the reality.  Too sad, too bad. 

Evie made me some scrambled eggs for lunch with a toast to soothe my damaged ego and I watched some basketball and tried to nap to no avail, probably because I was upset with having to return my bike.  Around 3:30, Evie finally found some mojo and worked in her garden, watering it, mowing, and weeding while I watched football, a true couch potato.

Evie And Three Banditos

We gathered our energy around 5:00, showered, and drove to meet Linda and Ron at the Bemus Point Gold Club & And Tap House for dinner.  We were able to get a table out on their porch, safely distanced and this may be the last restaurant we eat at in months unless we are willing to sit inside. It was a pleasant night, good beers, good food, and we were happy to have been able to meet them for dinner.  The gals had salads, Ron a burger and me a chicken po'boy, tasty but tiny although the fries were good.  We were home by 8:00 and it was surprisingly dark on our way home.  Winter is coming.  We watched two more episodes of Borgen, still enjoying it and ready for more.`

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...