Tuesday, September 22, 2020

One Fine Morning

6:31

7:11

It's 9:00 as I start my blog and I was out for an hour, another fine morning on the lake.  Lots of fog rising as I started out but by the time I returned home, it had burned off.  It was 38º when I started out, 45º as I sit here writing this blog.  

Kayak Morning

Boating In The Fog

Breakfasting In The Reeds

Paddling Towards The Sun

Heron In Black

Yesterday turned out to be a damn good day.  We got a good deal done inside, at least Evie did, working on the spare bedrooms, washing the sheets, starting the spring cleaning but on the first day of fall.  By 10:30, she had the beds torn apart, the comforter washed and out drying on a rack. We decided to go for a walk and I was ready, having practiced yoga for 35 minutes with Adrienne.  We drove to one of our favorite walks, Dobbins Woods.  We were surprised at how much work had been done on the wet areas, most now covered with raised boards.  We were disappointed, however, because they seemed to have changed the path so that we missed our favorite section, the hemlock grove.  I am not sure why but the walk was not as enjoyable and seemed shorter as we hardly walked a mile.

Spider On A Rock

We did not get home until 12:30 but before lunch, I crawled once again under the house to see if we could get our ice maker working without dripping.  We finally made some progress and now only have to figure out how to attach the hose to the fixture without it leaking.  I will let you know the next chapter in our saga of ice maker in tomorrow's blog.  While I was in the crawl space, Evie made me my new favorite sandwich, basically a salad in a Lavash wrap, a flatbread that Tyler liked.  It's from Joseph's Bakery, made of flax, oat bran, and wheat and is available at Wegmans. I finished the sandwich, read some, took a brief nap, and woke just as Evie was coming in from the dock, as the wind, once again, was too cool.

Lucky Number

I then joined her in the side yard, out of the wind, the sun warming and we just luxuriated in the warm, sunny first day of fall.  We have had a string of sunny cool days, unlike any late summer that I can remember.  The only problem, we do need some rain.  That's why Evie took time out from the side yard and watered her garden from the lake for a good half hour.  The dahlias are still blooming, the hydrangeas are heavy with blooms, the phlox, and coneflowers beginning to fade, alas.


Lucky Number


We had a brief wine time but then got busy making a French lamb curry, with bananas, apples, celery, and cream.  We used to make this in Istanbul and it's still one of our favorites.  On rice, it's tasty and for once, we did not have a salad.  We finished off the last of the carrot cake, the best Evie has ever had, then watched the last two episodes of American Crime.  Seasons One and Two are up there in our top five favorite series over the past few years.  They are a 'must-watch' for those who prefer thoughtful, relevant, and complicated familial dramas where nothing is clear or easy. They are available on Netflix. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...