Thursday, September 24, 2020

A Thin Veil Of Gray

7:00

7:35

It's one of those mornings where the sun's rays are muted by the sky, leaving most of the morning bathed in gray.  I paddled for forty-five minutes, saw nothing of note other than seagulls but still enjoyed being out on the lake, often a solitary figure in gray.  It's 55º as I write this at 8:30 and it may get up into the mid 70's today.

Kayak Morning

Victoria's Secret

Yesterday was a good day despite a dentist's appointment.  After paddling, Evie got busy making some hummus, refilling my breakfast mix, grinding coffee and doing washing while I played.  I drove to Linda and Ron's, dropped off the bike they lent us, then rode my bike for an hour, over to the other side of the lake, to Hartfield and back, just over an hour.  It was a good day for a ride, cool and sunny.  I was home by lunchtime and because I had a dental appointment at 1:00, I had soup for lunch, something easy. 

Hapet Blue Eyes

My appointment lasted only an hour, measuring for a new crown, and then I was off to Jamestown Cycle to look at e-bikes.  They let me ride it around downtown to get a feel of what it was like to get assistance when going up hills and it was pretty cool.  I am tempted but it's pricey and I wonder if I would use it enough to justify the cost.  I then stopped at Wegman's for a few things before driving home.  Evie was getting ready to head to Walmart, to see if their phone gurus could help her with exchanging Sim cards, from her old phone to her new and do some shopping at TJMaxx. A couple of guys from our breakfast club arrived around 4:30 and we sat on the front porch, waxing nostalgic until 6:00, hardly touching on politics which was great.  Jack had picked up three 32 oz Crowlers for us to enjoy while we munched on pretzels.  It was good to see them and we decided to do it more often. 

Evie arrived just as they were leaving, happy because the guy at the Walmart counter was extremely helpful, so much so she wanted to tip him.  And she also came home with a bagful of clothes from TJ because you are not able to try them on because of Covid19 so you have to try them on at home.  Fortunately, we had leftovers, both Chinese and pork chops, so all dinner involved was heating them up in the microwave.  We watched Colbert, then a third episode of Call My Agent and we decided that might be enough.  A friend recommended a Danish series called Borgen so we watched the first episode and really liked it.  It will probably be our new series for the next week or two. 

An Interesting Contrast



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...