Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Trifecta

7:09

7:10

It was a later morning for me, getting up a 6:45, early for Tyler, up at 8:00, late for Evie who just came downstairs at 8:50.  I paddled my usual route, heard some hunters blasting away at either ducks or geese but was able to spot a heron in the reeds, a kingfisher, and a hawk up high in a tree so it was a good morning on the lake, a pleasant 56º with a hefty wind going, quiet coming home.


Kayak Morning

Kingfisher

Heron In The Reeds

Red-Tailed Hawk

Tuesday was an almost back to a normal day for me,  Although my paddle was cut short by heavy fog, I did go to my first yoga class since March at Eight Limbs, biked Bemus, and walked our woods.  At yoga class, three of us were carefully distanced and everyone was wearing a mask throughout the practice.  It felt good to get back although getting used to the mask will take a while, especially during breathing exercises.  I made the mistake of stopping for coffee where few seem to pay attention to mask-wearing so I won't be back.  I drove to Home Depot to look for something to fix the hose for our ice maker which is leaking again.  I found some tape that should do it. Keeping my fingers crossed.  I then picked up a dozen ears of corn at one of the few places that still have some off of Hunt Road, on my way back from Home Depot.

When I drove in, Evie was driving out to pick up Tyler who had taken a seven-mile run to Webb's in Mayville, picked up some licorice and turtles, my favorite. When they returned, I had lunch, a salad, and leftover fish curry, still tasty.  Tyler had made himself peameal bacon sandwiches for lunch, a hungry boy after his run, and work.  He spent most of the day upstairs, working, his job for the day, interviewing 30 candidates from Carnegie Mellow University.  Once done, he had to write up a brief reaction and grade each one, a bore.  

Bemus Point Matt's,  Zinnia Garden

After my lunch and a brief nap, I decided to 'be like Tyler', get healthy, so I went for an hour bike ride through Bemus and Long Point State Park.  It was a good ride, nice and cool, some sun, and nobody on the trails.  

Around 5:00, Tyler stepped out of his work cave and wanted to get some exercise.  So we both went on a walk through the Victoria/Woodlawn woods, about a half-hour, just enough for me but Tyler walked another half hour to make sure he got his steps up to 15,000, his goal for each day.  

Woodlawn Woods, Late Afternoon

Early in the day, Evie had put together our dinner, Turkish spicy koftes, a tomato sauce, and made a salad.  When Tyler returned, I turned on the grill and ten minutes later, Tyler and I grilled the koftes until done, turning them occasionally to give them burn marks.  Evie was frying up pieces of pita bread, ready for the koftes.  She plated our dinners, first the pita bread, then the koftes, then the tomato sauce, then a dollop of yogurt to taste.  Needless to say, this is one of our all-time favorite meals, called Iskender kebab in Turkey but made usually with gyro meat.  

We watched the last episode of American Crime and things do not end well for most.  Evie had made a peach crisp for dessert while Tyler and I were out walking.  I topped it with vanilla ice cream and was happy,  Tyler finished off a salad, and Evie, like me, had the crisp.  We ended the night watching another couple of episodes of Messiah. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...