Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Another Blinding Sun Morning

6:49

7:01

7:02

It's 8:40 as I start this, the usual time although I did sleep in until 6:40, late for me.  I actually had to wear a hat this morning as I read the newspapers, blocking the sun in the living room.  I guess I could have moved to another chair but habit made me stay put.  I paddled for forty-five minutes although my heart was not in it,  I just wanted to get it over with.  Fortunately, I spotted a heron just as I was returned home which made me feel better about the paddle. 


Kayak Morning

One Fine Heron

Tuesday was another stellar September day and we are getting used to them.  Lots of sun, a nice breeze, not too hot, and nothing we have to do. For some reason, I woke up with some mojo, wanting to get a couple of things done.  I had my usual routine of reading the newspapers, kayaking, blog and breakfast on the dock.  What could be a better way to start my morning.  I dread for some reason gassing up my boat so I wanted to get that done and it was easy, the siphon did its job with no hassle.  Since I had my bathing suit on, I decided to cut some weeds around our dock, getting it ready for a month of swimming.  I easily filled a couple of baskets with weeds, clearing a small area, and set them on the dock to dry. Happily, the weed cutters came by, picked up the weeds on the dock, and cut them in front of our dock and our yard. Although they don't seem to cut as deep as I would have liked, they still made a difference and we can now swim in some areas without the pesky weeds.  

Sisyphus Cuts The Weeds

By the time I was done, Evie had my lunch ready, her vegetable soup which she had just made and a couple of cheese sandwiches.  I devoured them, loved the soup, better than ever because it was made with chicken stock, and watched some of my neverending series.  I may just bag it.  While I read and napped some, Evie enjoyed the afternoon out on the dock. I joined her and read some but soon got bored and jumped back in the lake and did some more cutting of weeds. It's contagious, like Evie mowing the lawn twice.

Evie had a Zoom call with her sisters from 5:00 to 6:00 so I watched some basketball from Monday evening.  When she was done, we had some wine while dinner was warming, a casserole she heated in the oven called Santa Fe chicken, with hominy and sweet potatoes. It was surprisingly good despite being frozen and with a salad and peach pie.  I was happy,  We finished Boys State and even there, politics was the deciding factor, not the truth.  We ended the night with two more episodes of Bonus Family.  It seems like we are hot and cold on this series.  Last night we were mostly hot.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...