Friday, September 4, 2020

What A Morning

6:24

6:33
A fine morning here in Western New York State, not a whisper of wind, a calm lake, temperatures in the high 50's and a 75-minute paddle on the lake, over to Tom's Point, to photograph two different herons, then paddle home, la dolce vita.

Kayak Morning

Bemus Bay

Great Blue Uno


Paddling North

Great Blue Dos

Yesterday was a bore for me, especially the afternoon.  For Evie, it was a quiet day, lots of wash and reading, some time on the dock.  Early on, I got in my paddle, blog and breakfast, a list for Wegman's, and off we went.  I dropped Evie off at Wegman's, and got three things done, blood draw, a stop for some booze, and finally, a stop at Auto Zone for some new windshield wipers.  I then met Evie at Wegman's and we were home by noon. It was time for lunch, so I heated up the leftover chicken, mashed potatoes, and gravy and watched some NBA.

After lunch, I tried to nap then did sat around and waited to leave for my doctor's appointment in Ashtabula, Ohio.  It's a follow up to my procedure in August, no big deal.  I got there on time for my appointment at 3:40 but did not see the doctor until 4:40.  I was not happy.  Everything seems copacetic so I was on my way home by 5:00, stopped for gas at Love's, then at Orton's for peaches and pie but it closed at 6:00 and I was fifteen minutes late.  I didn't get home until 6:45, another wasted afternoon.

Evie had our dinner practically ready, salmon, spinach, rice, salad and fresh corn.  I filled up on dinner, tempering my pique at the doctor's office's lateness.  We did not know what to watch so we started a film called The Peanut Butter Falcon, a mistake, then switched to a Swedish series called Bonus Family on Netflix and liked it.  It follows a blended family and all the ups and mostly downs that accompany blended families.  We will stick with it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...