Monday, September 7, 2020

Morning Rain

Happy Together

It's just after 8:00 and I just returned from a 15-minute paddle at best.  I started out in a light drizzle and came home in the pouring rain with some echoes of thunder off in the distance. I was the only fool on the lake as far as I could see.  It's a good thing I came in because lightning just flashed and thunder rolled across our trees.  I love sitting out on our porch, listening to it rain. At this hour, an occasional fishing boat cruises by.  

6:45

Sunday was another fine day, with whispers of fall in the air.  I got in a good paddle, shot a couple of waterfowl with my camera and came home to write the blog, and enjoy breakfast out on the dock, the sun warming the air.  It was so pleasant out on the dock that I suggested we go for a boat ride before the lake gets crowded.  So by 10:00, we were off cruising over to Bemus and back.  Because of the light wind, we wore a fleece.  On the lake, we are free and by the time we docked, the lake was starting to heat up with Labor Day boaters.  

We were home by noon and sat out on the dock until we became hungry and Evie got busy making our big Sunday breakfast.  We ate our eggs, bacon, and bagel on the front porch.  We finished by 1:00 and I was excited to read and take a nap.  Evie was excited to mow the yard so both of us were happy.  I finished my book on sailing, napped to the sound of Evie mowing the lawn, sounds of summer.  I watched some basketball then both Evie and I relaxed in our side yard, about as pleasant an afternoon as we have had in a month or two.  

Great Friends

We both showered and left for Linda and Ron's at 6:00 for my birthday dinner. Linda outdid herself with dinner.  We had drinks and stuffed mushrooms on their porch before Ron grilled both lettuce, then four nice fat Delmonico steaks on the grill.  We feasted on dinner, enjoying a nice Malbec, discussing what we were going to do this winter when we cannot enjoy a meal outdoors.  For dessert, Linda made a delicious pane cotta and I received a cap for my birthday which said 'Never Estimate An OLD MAN with a KAYAK. It was a great way to end my birthday. What good friends. We didn't get home until 9:45, time to watch some news then head up to bed, looking forward to my 78th year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...