Thursday, September 10, 2020

A Sky Of Many Clouds

6:04

7:02

7:03

It's 8:15 and I just paddled for forty-five boring minutes, not any wildfowl in sight except for the ubiquitous and annoying Canadian geese.  The lake was practically empty except for my neighbors out skiing.  The sun kept hiding behind the clouds, making for great photographs.

Kayak Morning

Skiing At Dawn

Reeds And Clouds

Wednesday went quickly for some reason.  After my usual paddle, etc,, Evie suggested I go for a bike ride.  I was thinking of doing nothing but her suggestion spurred me on.  I strapped my bike on my car and drove to the end of Lakeside Drive in Bemus Point.  I took a different ride, through most of Long Point and into the Warner Bay neighborhoods.  It was a nice change although it was more hilly than I thought. It took just under an hour and I did bike out to the tip of Long Point and back as well.

September Green

Evie spent a good part of the morning watering her garden and the bushes and plants around our house, then working some in her garden, sprucing it up.  I heated up the leftover Santa Fe chicken for lunch and watched some more basketball.  I had a much-dreaded appointment with an oral surgeon at 3:00 so I did not nap much.  The dentist seemed like a good guy and said it made sense to wait till the new year for my implant so that I could take advantage of my dental insurance.  Nothing like putting off something you dread.  I stopped at Mike's Nursery and picked up some mums for Evie then did the least healthy thing of the day.  I picked up some Kentucky Fried Chicken, an easy, unhealthy but tasty dinner.

A Dahlia Named Bitsy

When I got home, Evie planted the mums in a flower box before we sat out on the front porch for wine time.  It was a surprisingly busy lake as I guess not everyone went home after Labor Day as usual.  We were looking forward to dinner and I have to admit there was nothing left for my lunch today.  We watched more of Bonus Family, some of the breaking news, with a brief look at what Fox News was talking about...not the Woodward book!  We wondered if there are any Republican senators left in the US.  Where have they gone?  Underground?  Not a word from any of them about The Atlantic article, the Michael Cohen book, the Bob Woodward book.  What cowards, Trump enablers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...