Sunday, September 27, 2020

The Last Day Of Summer?

7:37

Weekend Paddlers, Jim And Tina

It's 8:55 and I have been out for an hour, a muted sun but warm, in the 60's and it looks like the weather will begin to change this week, more fall-like, less like summer, with rain and clouds and lower temperatures.  I ran into our neighbors, Tina and Jim, and they are up for the weekend, as usual, and it's a sad day for them as the boat and dock come in.  It's part of fall here at the lake, first boats, then docks come in.

Kayak Morning

Sun Reflecting On Water

High In A Tree

Yesterday as a nerve-racking day for me.  After kayaking and breakfast, we cleaned out the freezer, the refrigerator and then I took the trash to the Transfer Station.  As we cleaned, we talked about my getting and E-bike again and Evie finally said I should do it.  I was still uncertain but gradually decided to go for it so I drove to Buffalo, to one of five Rudy's Bike Shops because I knew they had the bike I wanted on the floor and it was my size.  After much talk and doubt, I finally said I wanted it and of course, I also needed a new bike rack because these E-Bikes are much heavier than a normal bike.  So it took my close to two hours to get everything settled, the computer on the bike up to date, the bike rack attached, and so forth.  I was on my way home by 2:00, an hour and a half, bike in tow.  I stopped at Mc Donald's and for some reason, I was overcharged and when I asked the cashier, she said no, that's the price.  I was hungry so I just paid it but Evie checked when I told her about it and they charged me eleven dollars for a meal that should have been around six dollars. We cannot figure out why this happened because the bill showed eleven bucks.  

It was good to get home because I was exhausted from the angst, the decision making, and whether I made the right decision. O to be that youth again, where nothing worried me, even moving to Istanbul with three kids under five.  Evie had spent much of the day enjoying the dock, knowing the weather might be changing.  We sat on the porch around 5:00 with a glass of wine and Evie and our son Tom tried to get her iPhone working so that all her info on iCloud was on the phone but to no avail.  It was very frustrating for both so finally Evie had it and decided to work at it again today.  Maybe. 

Dinner was easy, warming up the meatloaf and baked potatoes.  Evie made a meatloaf sandwich, I had mine with lots of ketchup, potatoes.  We watched a depressing Real Time With Bill Maher because of his mantra that Trump will refuse to leave office even if he loses the vote and it appears to be a possibility.  We were happy to leave it and watch two more episodes of Borgen, a Danish version of The Left Wing in that the female prime minister always seems to get her way and do things the right way.  It's about a leader who acts the way we would want our leaders to act, not the way they usually do.  So it is not a reality show but more like a Utopia.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...