Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Shades Of Gray

6:40

8:02

It's 8:00 as I begin my blog on an overcast morning. I was out on the lake for forty-five minutes and the sky began to drizzle just enough to get my shirt damp, not wet. It would be nice if it actually rained but I doubt if it's in the forecast, just gray skies.  

Kayak Morning

Heron At Victoria

Monday was a self-imposed busy day for both of us.  I started the day, as usual, kayaking, blogging, and enjoying a smoothie for a change out on my dock to start the morning.  Evie wanted to work in the yard and I wanted to go for a bike ride. So we agreed on our desires and I took off for Bemus as she fired up the lawnmower.  I had a good ride, through Bemus to Long Point, around the park and back, an hour ride, just right.  Because of the mild weather,  I hardly worked up a sweat. When I returned home, Evie was relaxing in the side yard, having done half the lawn, in no hurry to finish.  

Porch Hydrangeas

Our Backyard

Lunch was a bagel, sardines, and ramen, semi-healthy and I watched more NBA playoffs and a few minutes of my series.  I then fell asleep briefly on the porch, reading my book.  When I got up and walked outside, Evie was weed whacking the garden, having finished the lawn.  Because I was enthused about Japanese rock gardens or Zen garden from reading my last novel, The Garden Of Evening Mists.  I decided to see if I might create a dry landscape of sand and stone, or karasansui garden in Japanese.  I started looking for triangular-shaped stones, the kind that might mimic mountains, as well as nice rounded stones to mimic hills.  Most of the stones I found in the Woodlawn creek.  I picked out a strip along our parking area and dug holes to place the stones, hoping to create something interesting and mountain-like.  I will leave it up to the reader to decide if I managed or it's just silly.  I still need to spread sand around the rocks to finish it off although the gravel also works.

Stone Scaping 

Evie was on a Zoom call with her sisters from 5:00 to 6:00, so I relaxed in the living room, reading my book, and enjoying a glass of wine.  We decided to get a take out for dinner, so we called Steener's Pub and ordered their steak special, two ribeyes, and fries, for twenty-two bucks, up two bucks from a month ago. I picked it up around 7:00.  It was surprisingly busy, the bar full of locals enjoying a drink without masks. Scary.  Our dinners from Steeners are always a crapshoot but this time both the steaks and fries were great and we devoured them.  We will go back.  We were not sure what to watch and I decided we should try a new Prime Series called The Nest.  It was a good choice as we watched two episodes and cannot wait for tonight.  It follows a couple who take in an eightenn-year-old girl to act as a surrogate for their embryo, only to find out she has a frightening background.  


2 comments:

  1. I like it! Keep going with the zen garden idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stonescaping looks good. Multi-colored and varied--your own Panama Rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...