Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Nothing Could Be Finer

6:36

Then a morning like today, smooth waters, bright sun's reflection on the water,  50º temperature, and a long paddle down to Bootey Bay, across to Long Point, then home. It's 8:30 and Evie just go up, lucky gal, compared to my 5:45 rising in darkness, as I waited for the sunrise.

Kayak Morning

Crouching Heron

Blue Skies Over Victoria/Woodlawn 

Yesterday was another Indian summer-like day except for the coolness. The skies are blue, some breeze, and the temperature remains in the 60's, with no rain in sight.  We have had ten straight days of this kind of weather and I am not complaining.  I think the highlight of the day was fixing the ice cube maker after numerous trips in the crawl space.  Evie was able to cut a piece of the old hose off the fixture and push the new end on and viola, I turned on the water and we had ice cubes in a couple of hours.  Nothing like being married to a Mrs. Fix It.  Earlier, we had planned on a walk in a forest/woods mentioned by a friend, a few miles outside of Stockton, a twenty-five-minute drive.  Well, we ended up a few miles out of Stockton but never found the forest, just Bear Lake and a road to Brocton.  It was discouraging and I guess I will have to get better directions.  On the way home, the road from Stockton to Mayville was closed because a bridge was out so we had to take another road to Mayville where we did some shopping at Tops for dinner and were home by 1:00.  

Lunch was warming up the leftover lamb curry and I started watching a series I watched a couple of years ago called Babylon Berlin.  I remember it fairly well but they have a new season so I thought I would watch the first two seasons to refresh my memory.  The rest of the afternoon we spent either napping, sunning, or reading until 4:00 when Evie prepped our pork stir fry dinner until 5:00 when she talked with her three sisters via Zoom for an hour. When she was finished, we got busy in the kitchen, frying up mushrooms and veggies in the wok with ginger, garlic, and hot bean sauce before adding the pork and other seasonings to the dish.  We enjoyed it while watching a Colbert; he interviewed W.W, Mc Master, former head of Homeland Security under Trump and he was a bore.  Laurence Fishbourne, however, who followed, was great.  We are struggling to find a series to start so we began a French series called Call My Agent (like Entourage), about a company that represents movie stars in Paris.  So far it's pretty good; we may stick with it.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...