Friday, September 18, 2020

Some Clouds, Some Sun, And Cool

6:33

7:09

It's 8:40 and I am sitting here as the sun fills our living room alone, as both Evie and Tyler are still sleeping.  I had a good 50-minute paddle although I saw no interesting waterfowl, just the ubiquitous Canadian geese and mallards.

Kayak Morning

Heading Towards Southern Sky

Northern Sky

Yesterday was another great fall day, lots of sun, cool, perfect for being outside.  So after my early morning routine, Tyler and I decided to drive to Bemus Point and I would ride my bike through the town and Long Point and he would run it.  I passed him twice going and coming and we were both out for just about an hour.  It was perfect weather for biking or running and neither of us worked up much of a sweat.

A New Dahlia, 'Dazzling Magic'

We were home just about lunchtime, so Tyler made himself a turkey sandwich on a healthy flatbread  called Lavash, made of flax, oat bran, and wheat flour.  I finished off the leftover Turkish koftes with pita and tomato sauce. I started a new series, Young Wallender, and am not sure of it yet but I will stick with it for a few episodes.  

While Tyler and I were on Bemus working out, Evie was in the lake pulling and cutting weeds in front of our house. It's pretty disgusting, weeds and algae, but she made good progress, working both in the morning with time out for a trip to Tops grocery in Mayville, for apples, and stopping at the Lighthouse Grocery for more peameal bacon for Tyler.  She sure takes care of her grandson! Around 4:00, she finished up and Tyler and I gathered the weeds in two garbage pails and took them up the hill to the woodpile, the weeds still heavy with water.  It took two of us to carry the pails.

Dining Out At Pine Junction

All three of us took showers because we had decided to go out for dinner, tired of all the cooking and cleaning up.  We decided on Pine Junction, one of our favorite restaurants, a 25-minute drive near Findley Lake.  It's always a beautiful drive any time of the year but especially as the sun setting over the corn and hayfields.  Unfortunately, our pleasure was mitigated by all the Trump signs in front of farmhouses and mobile homes. We found a table outside but soon realized it was just too cool so we went inside and were given a table a safe distance away from other diners so we felt comfortable.   Everyone wears masks unless they are seated.  We had an amazing appetizer called Blazin' Brussell sprouts, a keeper.  We ordered Blue Moons with orange slices, so we were happy.  I ordered the jumbo wings, Tyler a broasted chicken, and Evie the grilled halibut and all were great. Pine Junction was a good choice, a nice respite from our routine.

We were home by 8:00 and decided to watch the second season of American Crime, with most of the same actors but an entirely different story.  It's not quite as good as the first season, maybe because the subject matter, a rape by a high school student.  We stuck with two episodes and then either went to bed or watched something else.  I am not sure because I went up to bed. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...