Saturday, September 26, 2020

Sleeping In

7:18

7:30

Wow, I actually didn't get up till almost 7:00, a 'sleep in' for me.  I didn't miss the sunrise and was out on the lake by 7:40, the sun blinding, as I paddled south towards Sandy Bottom.  I thought it would be a heron less morning, but I shot a couple, one over by the Long Point fishing dock, the other between Woodlawn and the campground.  It made my morning.

Kayak Morning





Yesterday was another fine day, just as fine as the days before, as Indian Summer stretches on, nearing October.  We had no real plans for the day, just enjoy it, the best kind of plan because we don't feel we have to do anything and if we do something, it's because we want to. Around 10:00, Evie got busy in the kitchen making applesauce, a chore that she enjoys and we have enough for the winter. I went for a bike ride in the neighborhood, down to the Stow Ferry, back on Stow road to Carpenter-Pringle and home, about 50 minutes. It felt good to get in some exercise, knowing I probably would not feel like it later in the day.  Both Evie and I seem to be morning people, usually energetic but fade after lunch.

Still Dazzling

Evie took time out from her apple saucing to make me a quesadilla, nice and juicy, and I watched some basketball, as a new great appeared on the horizon, Miami's Tyler Hero, a twenty-year-old who scored the game-high 37 points in Miami's win. He's got game!  I then finished up my Lucas Davenport novel and started a new book called Winter Counts, set on Indian lands in South Dakota. Around 2:30 I joined Evie out on the dock, taking time out and it was so nice that I took the cover off the boat and we went for an hour cruise, beyond the bridge and back, along the shoreline.  It was almost too warm out there with all the others, enjoying a late September afternoon cruise on the lake.  

Sunset At The Viking Club


We came in about 5:00, showered, and left for a fish fry at the Viking Club around 6:00.  It was packed as we expected but we found a table in the yard, under a tree, a good distance from anyone.  The lines for ordering beers and fish fries were long but we persevered and it was worth it.  The fish fry was great, the beer strangely tasteless, as if there was something wrong with the taps or the lines were not cleaned. Oh, well, it was fun to be out and it seemed as though all of the area felt that way as every restaurant seemed packed and Bemus felt like it does on a midsummer weekend, streets lined with parked cars, people walking everywhere or waiting outside of restaurants.

We were home by 8:00 in time to watch a Colbert and two episodes of Borgen, a good way to end another 'fine day.'  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...