Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Sunshine And Clouds Abound

6:54

7:31

It's later than usual as I start my blog, 8:45, having gotten a late start on my kayaking.  Despte only having my iPhone camera, I was able to photograph two herons, drifting within 15 feet of them before they flew off squawking at my impertinence. 

Kayak Morning

Heron On Tina And Jim's Dock

An Angry, Squawking Great Blue Heron

Monday was a good morning, a lazy afternoon until cocktail time.  I started the day with the usual, kayaking, blog, and breakfast out on the dock.  When I finished, Evie wanted to get in a hike so we decided to drive over to Long Point and hike the woods.  It was a good choice, hardly another hiker, fairly cool temperatures, and we took our time, identifying trees by their bark, ending up our walk down the trail of black locust trees.  We ran into a couple from Erie who was exploring the area and we helped them find the good trails, especially out to Long Point.  We walked a bit less than three miles but it took us over and hour because we were constantly stopping to examine trees or bushes.  Always carrying a camera or Iphone camera changes the way we walk, as we pay much more attention to our surroundings, always changing, always photographic.

The Empty Beach At Long Point

Two Roads Diverged In The Woods

Trees Among The Vinca

We were home by 12:30 and Evie fried up a couple of eggs to go with the last piece of tomato pie and I had a tasty lunch.  I watched some of the previous days NBA playoffs, where Jamail Murry scored 50 points to lead Denver to a victory over Utah.  In today's NBA, a three-pointer is much like a layup in my days. I finished my book after lunch, a bit bored with it by the end but I would still recommend it.  

Retired, Relaxed, And Engaged

We relaxed and read or napped until 4:30 when we joined our neighbors next door to celebrate their daughter Kathy's engagement to Medio. They won't be getting married until next summer, after Kathy gets her parents settled in a new townhouse near Pittsburgh (IF Joyce and Bill agree) where she and Medio will be living.  We enjoyed getting together, enjoying wine and munching on pretzels and pistachios until  6:30 when we dispersed to go home and get dinner ready. It was a fun way to celebrate their engagement.

Celebrating Kathy And Medio's Engagement

Dinner involved heating up the chicken thighs with vinaigrette, making a salad, and pulling out the leftover coleslaw.  We both thought dinner was better last night than the night before which often happens. We watched some junk TV, then started a series which we had already watched a few years ago called The Break.  We stuck with it through the first episode and may bag it for something else. I started a new book recommended by Sam, our friend from Chautauqua, called My Old Man And The Sea, about a voyage a father and son take around Cape Horn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...