Friday, September 11, 2020

Overcast, Breezy And Cool

7:01

9:17

I was surprised at how cool it was when I woke at 5:30.  It's 8:30 at the moment, I just returned from an hour on the lake and it is 58º.  Because of the grayness, the breeze, few boats were out when I started kayaking at 7:15 although a few fishing boats are visible now.  

Kayak Morning

A Bad Night

Northern Sky

Yesterday was a preview of this morning.  After the blog and breakfast, I drove to Jamestown for a doctor's appointment, stopped at Aldi's for necessities, like lamb and scallops and salmon, and it was sunny with blue skies.  By the time I arrived back at the lake, it was gray and foggy, the northern end of the lake hardly visible.  Evie had been busy making a big shopping list because our grandson, Tyler, was coming to stay with us for a week or two from Boston.  He can work here as easily as at home and have the luxury of a granny who loves to cook for him.  For lunch, I heated up the soup and made myself a version of a Middle Eastern fattoush salad, with browned pita bread, tomatoes, feta cheese and vinegar, and oil. Evie left for Wegman's as I was having lunch and watching a great NBA game, however, I forgot to extend the game so I never got to see the ending which went into two overtimes. Idiot.  

The afternoon went quickly, a nap, some busy work outside and it started to clear up enough I was looking forward to either a boat ride or cocktails on the dock.  By the time Evie returned, however, it had clouded up again, the sky a deep gray.  We emptied the car, put away the groceries and since the afternoon no longer looked appetizing, I drove off to Peterson Farms, on the other side of the lake to pick up another four quarts of peaches before they go out of season.  Nothing like a peach crisp with French Vanilla ice cream.

So we sat on the front porch with our wine instead of the dock, looking at the only boat on the lake anchored in front of our dock, a sweet spot I guess.  For dinner, Evie grilled some mushrooms and onions, then a couple of burgers.  She topped them with the mushrooms, onions, and swiss cheese and we had a great diner-like burger.  We also had a couple of ears of sweet corn to top off our dinner.  

We watched some news for a bit before getting fed up with its sameness and turned to our series, Bonus Family.  We really liked this episode as it tied things up in a neat bow, as if the series ended.  It didn't so we started the second season with all kinds of new complications.  We ended the night watching the first half of the Kansas City Chiefs game before going up to bed. It was nice to find out they eventually ended up winning fairly easily


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...