Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Good Morning Sunshine

6:23

A brilliant sunny morning, not a ripple on the lake, not a cloud in the sky. It's chillier than yesterday, 46º when I woke at 6:15 but should get into the 70s later in the day. It's just after 9:00 and I was out paddling for over an hour, over to Long Point, then home along the shoreline. It was a beautiful morning and it finally felt like Spring, sun, blue skies, and trees beginning to green.  

Kayak Morning

Bridge Over Calm Waters

Tom's Point

Wood Duck

Yesterday was overcast much of the day and surprisingly warm so I got in a good paddle before breakfast. I decided to skip yoga this week and it felt good not having to hurry and be off to yoga by 9:10. Our major effort in the morning was to change the water filter, something we do every three months or sooner, depending when the blue light comes on. Before we knew it, it was close to noon and I had not done anything so I decided to get in a walk around the Victoria/Woodlawn woods. It was a good choice, as the wild flowers were out, and the path was beginning to turn green as well as the trees. It felt  good to be out walking, taking my time and I was out for only a half hour, just right. 

Victoria Creek

Looking North

Greening Of Trails

I decided to make lunch easy for Evie and popped a chicken pot pie in the microwave and six minutes later I had a tasty lunch. I watched my show, Shogun, but am still not taken with it. Our afternoon was typical, no surprises, as I read and napped, and Evie, feeling better, still relaxed and enjoyed a leisurely afternoon. I know Evie is a Whopper fan and I have been threatening to drive to Lakewood and pick up a couple of Whoppers and fries for dinner. Well, yesterday, I did it. While she was on a Zoom call with her  sisters, I drove to Lakewood, picked up few things at Wegmans, then a couple of Whoppers and fries for our dinner. Needless to say, Evie was in heaven, said she could have eaten a second one. I think this may become a tradition, like Taco Tuesday. 

Afternoon Clouds

I had read about a highly recommended Wim Wenders film called Perfect Days, set in Japan. It follows a man who cleans the public toilets in Tokyo. We follow his routine, waking and enjoying the sunrise, putting away his sleeping mat, brushing his teeth, spraying water on his plants, buying a drink for breakfast, driving to work while listening to American music on his cassette like 'Sitting By The Dock On The Bay." He then cleans the toilets, making sure they are squeaky clean, has a sandwich for lunch, heads home, stops at his usual bar/restaurant, comes home, sets out his mat, reads, and then falls asleep. And this is repeated for over two hours with little change. No matter what happens, the main character manages to find joy in small things, letting nothing, not even routine, upset him. I wanted to like the movie more than I did but it was too long. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...