Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Starting To Cloud Up

7:24

9:31

I woke to a calm lake, and some sun, but both are beginning to disappear so I better get out on the lake sooner rather than later. It's 56º and I am listening to Jerry Seinfeld's interview on David Remnick's The New Yorker Radio Hour. He bemoans the lack of funny shows on TV because of the extreme left and its emphasis on political correctness. Laughter is now only found in Comedy Clubs where comedians can take chances with offending. I have to admit I have never been to a Comedy Club but I will put it on my bucket list. It's 9:45 and I was out padding for 50 minutes, saw a couple of ospreys dive for fish, and took a photo of my first heron, a young one, perched on a tree branch above the reeds, a favorite spot. 

Kayak Morning

North

An Immature Great Blue Heron

Ruffled 

Yesterday was a splendid Spring day, with temperatures in the 70s, tee shirt weather. I kayaked for over an hour, and shot a couple of photos of ospreys so I was happy. After the blog, I went outside and, with a neighbor's help, solved a couple of problems with my blue Martin house. I have to jerry rig it but I needed some spring clamps or so I went to Tractor Supply and Home Depot to no avail so I ended up with plastic fasteners which should do the job. I stopped at Evans, picked up a wine box, and was home by 12:30.

Evie has been fighting a cold and cough so she was taking it easy, hoping it's not getting worse. Lunch was easy, the leftover noodles from the eggplant pasta and toasted rolls. I watched another section of Shogun but am still not taken with it but will carry on. I then took a decent nap, at least I woke wondering what time it was, morning or afternoon. And I am into a hot new book, Listen For The Lie. I don't love it but will stick with it. It was nice enough in the afternoon so Evie could enjoy our front porch with a view. I went for a brief paddle, looking to see if I left a pipe for the martin house in the lake. I didn't and found it next to my garage, a typical Biff move.

We enjoyed a glass of wine as the day waned and for dinner, Evie fried up eggs, ham, made a salad and pulled out the twice-baked potatoes for a side. We started a film called The Nice Guys but it was too silly so we quit it and watched a Hometown, more to our liking. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...