Thursday, May 30, 2024

Bright Sunny Day

7:35

9:15

It's 7:30 and I have been up for a half hour, to a glorious morning of clear skies and sun. It should be another fall-like day, lots of sunshine and the high around 60º.  Right now it's a chilly 49º. Love it. It's 9:20 and I just returned from breakfast in Bemus, a fine way to start the morning. Evie is off to Midway Park and will meet the kindergarten class, excited to watch the kids on the various rides. I was able to get in a brief paddle, riding the waves south, fighting them and the wind home. 

Kayak Morning

A Windy, Wavy Northern Paddle

Yesterday was back to normal for a Wednesday, with a good, long paddle to start the day, then finish the blog and have breakfast. By 9:30, I was ready for yoga class in Lakewood, just four of us. After class, I stopped at Sav A Lot and picked up two packages of pork ribs, one for sauerkraut, the other to barbecue. I got that barbecue hankering. I was home just about noon and Evie had been working in her garden, pulling weeds and planting. Her dahlias still don't look good as few are sprouting and neither of us are sure why.  It may be a summer with few if any dahlias, alas. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch, six minutes in the microwave and potato salad so I was happy. I then started a new book and napped of course. My day does not seem complete without a nap these days. I guess if you average six hours of sleep a night you deserve a nap. 

We both worked in the yard during the afternoon, Evie planting and weeding, me moving hostas to another spot. By 5:00, we were getting ready to go out to the Viking Club for dinner since it was Wednesday night. We picked up our neighbors and drove over to the club, meeting our seven other neighbors. As usual, the table was filled with beers and popcorn until we got our meals, an hour after ordering because the club was so busy. And at last, someone won the Queen Of Hearts, 12 grand, so we were saddened that it was none of the Woodlawners. The good part is we don't have to go back next Wednesday for dinner because the food on Wednesdays is basic, Wings and Things. We were home by 8:30, in time to watch some of our usual TV shows, Colbert, etc, and went to bed early. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...