Monday, May 27, 2024

Windy, Overcast And Raining

8:02

8:59

So far it's a wet, gray Memorial Day and we may have rain on and off for the next couple of hours and then cloudy skies for the rest of the afternoon. Yesterday, however, was gorgeous, with lots of sun, and a beautiful day to be on the lake. It's 9:00, still drizzling, so I will have to put off my paddle till later this morning if at all. I did get out on the lake around 10:00 for twenty minutes and the wind was too strong to stay out much longer. 

Kayak Morning

North

Sunday went quickly for both of us. I didn't get a paddle in until 9:45 because of the heavy fog, slowing down the day. Once I finished, published the blog, and had breakfast, it was 10:30. I spent the next hour or so getting out the summer chairs and tables, washing them down, spraying them with the hose, and ensuring all the cobwebs were gone. By noon, our yard was ready for guests and I could then head off to Wegmans to do some shopping with the rest of the locals. Sunday is always a busy day at Wegmans for some reason, especially yesterday but all the checkout areas were manned so it was not much of a wait once I was through shopping. I also stopped at Evans to pick up some libations before driving home.

It was 1:30 before I sat down to lunch, a bagel with an avocado and fried egg, compliments of Evie. Because we both had a busy morning, we felt like we deserved a leisurely afternoon. Evie got some sun out on the dock and I read, napped, and enjoyed sitting on the porch. It was strange to be the only ones without family or guests, as houses on both sides of us were overflowing with both. We felt like our former neighbors, the Leonards, as the two of them used to watch us with our kids and grandkids. The lake was the busiest it's been this year, because of the weather and long weekend. By 5:00, we were enjoying a glass of wine as Sunday fun began to settle down, on the lake and in the yards. For dinner, I grilled a steak and Evie sauteed mushrooms, roasted asparagus, and baked potatoes, a feast. We found a film we liked on Prime, The Road Dance, slow to begin with but we ended up liking it. It's set in Ireland on an island during WWI. We ended the night as we usually do on Sunday night, with a Hometown. Once Evie went to bed, I stayed up long enough to see Anthony Edwards's amazing dunk, seemingly rising higher and higher over the opposing players and slamming the ball through the rim. I have never seen anything like it but it was not enough for a win as Dallas went up 3-0 in a best-of-seven series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...