Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Morning Fog And Drizzle

 

7:26

8:35

It's 8:00 as I start this and the lake does not look too promising, as a light mist hangs over the gray. It's a chilly 56º and may stay in the 50s most of the day. It's 8:30 and I got geared up to paddle, but it started to rain so I bagged it until later if at all. It looks like the rain has stopped so I might get out there. I finally got out for a brief paddle, no rain, dark clouds, and a few fishing boats. 

Kayak Morning

Northern Clouds

Yesterday was a strange day as Sunday's busyness and crowds contrasted with Memorial Day's quietness and emptiness. Most celebrations occur on Sunday because most have to head home on Monday afternoon or evening. It was a windy morning and I didn't get out on the lake until late because of it but only lasted for 20 minutes. We were having Linda and Ron over for dinner so we had some prepping to do. Since we were having burgers and hot dogs, I drove to the Lighthouse to get their freshly ground chuck, which makes the best burgers. Surprisingly, it was not very busy but that may have been because of the Memorial Day parade in Mayville. 

Baby Groundhog Comes To Say Hi On Our Porch

We did get some rain on and off during the day so we ended up taking Evie's dahlias in and out to avoid the downpour until we just decided to leave them on the porch. We did not have much prepping as Linda was bringing potato salad and baked beans. Evie made coleslaw and dessert and put together the burgers for later. I had scrambled eggs for lunch and looked forward to napping and reading much of the afternoon once I swept and cleaned both porches. My book expires in three days so I have to keep reading because I want to find out 'who did it.' 


Linda and Ron arrived at 6:00 and we had beer cheese and pretzels along with wine and sat out on the chilly front porch. Who would have thought we needed a sweater or jacket to sit outside, And because of the rain, we decided to eat inside as well. Around 7:30, Ron and I went out and grilled the burgers and Smith's dogs. Dinner was a perfect start to summer picnics even though we ate inside. Linda's beans and potato salad were great, as was Evie's cole slaw and blueberry/raspberry yogurt parfaits for dessert. They stayed until 9:15 and then headed home in the quiet night. We cleaned up the kitchen and Evie went up to bed but I watched a bit of the NBA game before joining her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...