Sunday, May 19, 2024

Waking To Heavy Fog

 

7:32

9:37

It's 8:25 and the fog is beginning to dissipate and I can now make out Long Point. It's still foggy, just not as heavy. It looks like a nice day, high in the 70s with lots of sunshine once the fog burns off. It's 9:40 and I was out for only a half hour and saw nary a duck, osprey or eagle, just heard purple martins singing. 

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a busy day for both of us. I was up early for a paddle and was back by 8:30. I finished the blog, had breakfast as usual, and then decided to get busy. I got out the wheelbarrow and took chairs and benches out onto the dock, one by one to make it easier. I was looking for our table, couldn't find it, and realized it was under a tarp for the winter on the side of our house. Once that was done, we gathered the trash and I was off to the Transfer Station, always a busy place. Meanwhile, Evie was working on her dahlias and plants. I helped by planting some of the perrenials we bought last week, a knock-out rose, and a couple of Russian sages. We have not had much luck with the sage over the years but hope this year is different. Evie promised me a fried bologna sandwich if I helped her in the garden so by 12:45, I was one happy boy, enjoying my sandwich and the last of the black bean soup. I watched the first quarter of Caitlin Clark's WNBA game before adjourning to the couch to read and nap. 

By 3:00, I was out again, helping Evie who was cleaning and weeding her garden, a never-ending task. I cut out quite a few dead wood in our Lilac tree which is worrisome. We hope it's healthy even though a good part of the north side was dead. By 4:30, Evie had it and I put away all the tools and plants and a couple barrels of weeds and dead wood in the garage. It was a productive day for both of us. 

Prom Night

Dusk

We then relaxed some, showered, and were off to the Chautauqua Institution, to have drinks and dinner at the  Atheneum Hotels bar with Linda and Ron. It was a busy place because local schools were having their prom so the porch and front lawn were packed with kids and families. We were lucky to find four seats at the bar and were happy to stay there, enjoying our beers, and then ordering quesadillas and salads from their bar menu. The bartenders were great and Linda and Ron had become friends with them earlier so they took good care of us. We closed up the place which had emptied out by 9:00 and drove home in the dark. We were both tired from our day and evening, so Evie went up to bed and watched some basketball before joining her. 

Another Saturday Bar Night


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...