Thursday, May 23, 2024

Looks Like Another Nice Day

6:14

6:26

I woke to clouds off to the East, hiding the rising sun but a few minutes ago, the sun burst above the clouds, filling the lake, our living room with its light. It's 57ยบ, a bit of a chill but should get up a cool mid 70s later in the day with sun most of the day. It's 7:35 and I took a short paddle, out for only 20+ minutes, down to Sandy Bottom and home. I am off to breakfast in Bemus at 8:00 and will be home to finish the blog at 9:15 before heading off to yoga. 

Kayak Morning

Victoria/Woodlawn

Yesterday was a typical Wednesday for me except for the brief deluge mid-afternoon. I paddled for forty-five minutes, wrote the blog, and was on my way to yoga by 9:10. There were only two of us in class and I felt bad our our new teacher, Grace. I overcame the temptation to stop for a coffee and came straight home to a sweating wife who was mowing the lawn before it was supposed to rain. Red-faced, with sweat dripping down her face, Evie was a sight to behold. I volunteered to help mow but she was adamant, wanting to finish it herself. Around 12:30, she finished and came in and made me a couple of goose liver sandwiches for my lunch and I watched my show.

I went upstairs, thinking I might nap and I was able to lie down, read, and take a brief nap before the rain. Around 2:30 the rains began with flashes of lightning and thunder that seemed to rock the house. We were sitting on the porch enjoying the rain but the lightening sent us inside.  The storm lasted only 15-20 minutes and we received a half inch of rain before it cleared up and became nice again. We were vacillating about going out to dinner but decided to join the neighbors at the Viking Club like we have the past month, hoping to win the Queen Of Hearts drawing which has to be worth at least 10,000. Unfortunately, no one won again so we will probably be back next Wednesday, blowing twenty bucks on tickets hoping to win. The best part is enjoying camaraderie with our neighbors, seven of us last night. We were home by 8:15 and watched Stephen Colbert interview Billie Ellish which was interesting. At twenty-two, she's been a pop star since thirteen and I was impressed by her combination of quirkiness in dress and thoughtfulness as a grown up. Her new album was just released, Hit Me Hard And Soft and she sang the lead single, Lunch, which I am sure will be controversial. The night ended with some basketball for me, the first half of Dallas/Minnesota which Dallas eventually won. 

Our Grandson Nick, Great Granson Rhys, And Billy, The Pup


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...