Monday, May 6, 2024

Morning Haze

Good Day, World

7:32

It's almost 8:00 and I start this day as the sun tries to break through the haze. The sky and lake are mostly gray on a 54ยบ morning, the lake quiet, a few birds at our purple martin house. I think I am going to pause the blog and go kayaking, finishing it after my paddle. It's 9:30 as I start this again, after a forty minute paddle over to Long Point and back, a boring paddle because of the lack of birds.


Yesterday was a strange Sunday for me. I woke up tired, got in a paddle, finished the blog, had my breakfast, and then, decided to go back upstairs and read and nap. It was good timing because our neighbors brought their two grandchildren over for the treasure chest and they stayed and played with Evie for a good hour. They love the rebounder upstairs because they can bounce on it and jump onto the bed. Evie's idea I am sure. 

When they left, I felt better and Evie made me lunch and I watched the beginning of the Cavs game until I decided to nap and read. I must have needed it because I slept for an hour. It was one of those naps where you wake more tired than before you napped. Fortunately, I gained my mojo back, helped Evie set up her table for getting her dahlias started, and then went out in the lake and replaced the leaning tower of a Purple Martin pole with another one. I then pulled the martin pole out of one pipe, put it in the new one and viola, it was stable and standing straight. Unfortunately, my waders lea so I found a novel way of getting rid of the water, by laying on my back, putting my feet up in the air, and the water flowed out, all over my back. I ordered new waders from Amazon before dinner.

Evie worked on her dahlias until 5;30 when I put everything away and we relaxed with a glass of wine,  watching the purple martins circle the house. Around 6:15, Evie put together a turkey meatloaf and cooked them in the air fryer which only took 20 minutes. We had a great dinner along with a Bob Evans four cheese mac n cheese. We decided to watch the number one series on Netflix, Baby Reindeer, and two episodes was enough. It's not our cup of tea. We watched Hometown, some news, and once Evie went up to bed,  I watched the last quarter of the Cavs win over Orlando. 

Nick, Aunt Marlena, And Rhys

A Mellow Boy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...