Sunday, May 26, 2024

Morning Fog

7:44


It's  8:30 and I still cannot see beyond our dock because the fog is so heavy. A few fishing boats have floated by, casting their lines under the docks, hoping for a bass. It's 62º and I am going to wait for the fog to lift before I kayak. It's later than usual as I finish, 10:26.

Kayak Morning

Yesterday was a day of opposites in some ways. I got in a late kayak, not getting on the water until 8:30 but had a decent paddle. I then had breakfast and finished the blog and neither of us was in a hurry to get busy. Finally, around 10:30, we gathered the trash and I went to the Transfer Station. When I came home, I decided to play and Evie decided to work. So I put my bike on the car and drove off to Mayville to ride, Webb's Trail and Sea Lion Drive, just finishing as it started to rain. As I biked, Evie mowed the lawn and she, too, finished mowing before the rains, about an inch. After my ride, I stopped at Tops and the Lighthouse for a sub sandwich for my lunch. 

Lots Of Green

It started to rain when I returned and during my lunch, my sub, and I watched my show. We both then did little for the next couple of hours, mostly because we had our plumber/electrician over and he was putting ceiling fans in our two back bedrooms. He's a good guy, works quickly and noticed our pipe from the furnace to the roof needed to be replaced. He will be getting that done in the next couple of weeks. Once he was done, I fell asleep while reading, of course, and neither of us got much done the rest of the afternoon. We looked forward to sitting on our front porch, with a libation and chips and dip and the sky had cleared up by then. 

Porch View


A Slice Of A Rainbow

We never tire of sitting on our porch late afternoon, as the lake quiets down, the sun's warmth begins to ebb, and the sky constantly changes. We were surprised at the lack of action on the lake and in the neighborhood despite it being Memorial Day weekend. We were not complaining. We had pizza and a salad for dinner, perfect, and watched a few of our shows but nothing really interesting or different, the same old. After Evie went up to bed, I watched the first half of the NBA game, then went up to read and sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...